Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

WIsky

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 4
bryns74 Posted: 12-13-2018 1:11 PM

I have spent hours trying to connect to wisky for my MYT.  Im using win 10 and the latest build of sky x.

I have went through your instructions and have went to several forums on ad hoc networks but nothing is working. Any help would be wonderful. Im at my witts end with it.

Thank you.

Brian Sutton

Not Ranked
Posts 4

Sorry i failed to mention that the error message i recieve after i type in the command line for the ibss connection, it says the BSS type is not valid. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,827
Software Bisque Employee

If you run the following from a command prompt/shell, what is the WDI version, and does it report IBSS as "Supported", or "Not Supported"?

netsh wlan show wirelesscapabilities

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Not Ranked
Posts 4

Sorry for the delay

It says not supported

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,827
Software Bisque Employee

Thanks for confirming.

It is my understanding that Microsoft have discontinued support in later builds of Windows 10 (and apparently Windows 7 and 8 as well) of non-secured, ad-hoc network connections. We had developed a procedure to work around this, but that work-around reportedly no longer works.

You could instead use a wireless router to establish a network to which both the Paramount's WiSky card and your iOS device could connect. If you already have such a router at your site, great. If not, and especially for portable use, you could consider a portable router like this one (to give one example; this is not an endorsement of that product). While we've not tried it, you should be able to power this from one of the USB ports ("A" or "B") on the Paramount's Versa-Plate. Then configure the WiSky and your iOS device to join the router's network, and provide TheSky HD with the WiSky's IP address, as assigned by the router.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 107

Brian,

give this a try....

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/how-do-i-set-up-an-ad-hoc-wifi-network-in-windows/0caa92d8-e02f-4e7f-aa5c-0abf10ed2039

Let me know if this works...

Randy

Randy Rodrock - Darkstar Observatory

Paramount MX+, RC10 and Televue NP101is - SBIG 16200 and 8300 - Optec Focusers and Rotators - Interactive Astronomy Weather Station, Roof Controller and Sky Camera

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,600

I have one of those and it works fine. I use a West Mountain Radio RigRunner 4004U that takes 12V and gives me two +5V USB to run things like that.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS

© 2019 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+