Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

problems getting SkyX pro to behave correctly with PME

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 16
Guy Posted: 12-25-2018 5:21 AM

Hello

I have been using Sky v6 with a Paramount ME for many years reliably and have just switched to SkyX pro. Running the latest version on Win7.  I'm now feeling like a newbie, as pointing is way off and I don't seem to be able to get a synch to work at all. I have the correct time and lat/long entered as far as I can tell. No pointing cursor showing either and slew limits are getting in the way too (slew limits errors appearing with every slew attempt)

Are there other settings I am missing for the PME and SkyX?

thanks

Guy

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,445
Software Bisque Employee

Welcome to TheSkyX Professional Edition! What is the exact version and build that you're using?

Guy:
…pointing is way off…

Did you see the section in the user guide on Migrating Data from TheSky6 to TheSkyX? Did you migrate your TPoint data, accordingly?

Guy:
…and I don't seem to be able to get a synch to work at all.

For Paramounts, sync is now (since about two years ago) handled a bit differently in TheSkyX than it was in TheSky6. What have you tried, and what is the result?

See this post describing the various possibilities of using Star Synchronization with (or without) a TPoint model. See this post, and the one following it, for an explanation of why a single-point sync can worsen a pointing model. And here are TPoint Procedural Options as described by Patrick Wallace himself (the genius behind TPoint). In case you're not familiar with it, "APA" refers to TheSkyX's Tools > Accurate Polar Alignment wizard.

Guy:
I have the correct time and lat/long entered as far as I can tell.

Pay particular attention to the polarity of the values. TheSky's long-established polarity convention for longitude (positive is west, negative is east) is opposite that now in common use, so be sure it appropriately indicates E or W for your location east or west of the prime meridian, respectively. (This is unchanged from TheSky6.)

For more details, See this post and this one regarding Time Zones, Daylight Saving Time and UTC.

Guy:
No pointing cursor showing either…

Does the Display > Telescope window show that you're connected to the mount at the time? Perhaps the mount's position is being indicated somewhere off the currently-visible Sky Chart; have you tried the Center Cross Hairs button (on the same window), or set the Always keep telescope crosshairs visible on Sky Chart option to Yes (on the Telescope > Telescope Setup command's Imaging System Setup window)?

Guy:
…and slew limits are getting in the way too (slew limits errors appearing with every slew attempt)

This, as with the other symptoms, is consistent with a configuration error, which could be in the site location, date and time, telescope synchronization, or a combination of these.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS

© 2019 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+