Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

New Orion Starshoot G10 Color Camera not connecting

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 1
shadowfax Posted: 12-27-2018 12:55 PM

Hi I just got a new Starshoot G10 Color Camera.  I take it that there is no direct driver uppdate available for The Sky X, yet. I tried to connect it as ASCOM Camera as suggested by Orion but it doesn't work., it comes up with ERROR: command failed. Error = 206

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,826
Software Bisque Employee

What version of Windows (7/8/10) are you using?

shadowfax:
I tried to connect it as ASCOM Camera as suggested by Orion but it doesn't work., it comes up with ERROR: command failed. Error = 206

Did you install the latest Orion StarShoot Direct Driver from their web site? This may(?) be required by the G10 ASCOM "driver", of which you should also install the latest. Currently (at the time of my writing) both are from 2018-12-24. And of course, you'll need the latest ASCOM Platform.

Are you able to use the camera with Orion's StarShoot Image Capture Program?

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 63

I had the G10 briefly ( I sent it back). I had problems with the cooling (would fluctuate by about 8c) and I wasn't able to bin in the SkyX. I thought it might be a bad Ascom driver and about a week after I sent it back they had an updated Ascom driver that addresses the binning issue. I was able to connect the camera, but if I tried binning it I would get an error message. So make sure you have the latest driver.

Dave

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,826
Software Bisque Employee

By email 2019-01-04 12:15Z (How do I reply to a post on the Software Bisque Forum?):

shadowfax:

Windows 7 and I have the latest ASCOM driver, too...

Roger

Okay. And the answer to my last question?

Brian Rickard:
Are you able to use the camera with Orion's StarShoot Image Capture Program?

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

© 2019 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+