Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

MKS 5000 software compatibility with The Sky 6 Pro?

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 1
CCDCAT Posted: 01-04-2019 2:39 PM

I obtained an older ME mount from a friend that appears to have electronic problems where there is no computer communication with the mount. My friend loaded the mount with grossly insufficient counterweights and as a result, he and I believe that this overload condition caused a failure of the internal electronics (MKS 3000).

I'm considering the purchase of your newest MKS 5000 upgrade kit, but want to know if it will work with The Sky 6 Pro; or would I have to purchase The Sky X to use it?

Thanks for your attention to this matter.

Steve Peterson

Vail, AZ

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 27,554
Software Bisque Employee

CCDCAT:
I obtained an older ME mount from a friend that appears to have electronic problems where there is no computer communication with the mount.
Start here.

1. How is the MKS 3000 connected to the computer (native RS232 port, or USB adapter)?  If the latter, what is the make and model of the adapter?
  2. Does Windows Device Manager list this COM port?
  3. What is the exact wording of the error message when connecting to the mount?

CCDCAT:
. My friend loaded the mount with grossly insufficient counterweights and as a result, he and I believe that this overload condition caused a failure of the internal electronics (MKS 3000).
Doing so will not damage the control system's serial interface.

CCDCAT:
I'm considering the purchase of your newest MKS 5000 upgrade kit, but want to know if it will work with The Sky 6 Pro; or would I have to purchase The Sky X to use it?
Thanks for considering the Paramount ME MKS 5000 Control System Upgrade.  Yes, TheSkyX Pro is required.  TheSkyX Pro upgrade FAQs are here.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,827
Software Bisque Employee

Steve,

I'd suggest that you also see our knowledge base article on how to transfer a software license.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

© 2019 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+