Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

TPoint

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Sonnex1 Posted: 01-31-2019 8:45 AM

Can I use T point with an ascom controlle mount in my case Avalon Linear mount with EQ mod control

Peter

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,685
Software Bisque Employee

In conjunction with TheSkyX Serious Astronomer Edition or Professional Edition, the TPoint Add On for TheSkyX can be used with an ASCOM-interfaced mount. Be aware that the mount controller should not implement any internal modelling of the pointing characteristics when used with TPoint; if it has such a capability, it should be disabled.

But since you mentioned "EQ mod control", I'll point out this user-developed TheSkyX native (X2) plug-in to support Sky-Watcher mounts equipped with an EQDIR cable. If you have a SynScan controller (as opposed to the StarGO controller Avalon now utilize), and an EQDirect cable interface, then I think this same plug-in should work for you. That would remove the added ASCOM layer from the mix (TheSkyX Professional Edition could host the mount to ASCOM clients, if desired). This also means you wouldn't be restricted to Windows, as this X2 plug-in is also available for macOS, Linux and Raspbian.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Not Ranked
Posts 6

Thanks for quick response

Peter

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

© 2019 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+