Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

Mount Alt/Az Fork Mount Setting

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Cellotina Posted: 02-05-2019 9:59 PM

I own an LX200 12" ACE SCT with a fork mount. How do I set the mount type? The icon implies that the mount is a GEM. Or is this scope have a default setting of Alt/AZ? Am I going to need a wedge?

Clear skies, 

Al

Not Ranked
Posts 8

Found the click box for the style of mount.... glad it wasn't a snake!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 27,307
Software Bisque Employee

Cellotina:
I own an LX200 12" ACE SCT with a fork mount. How do I set the mount type?
You'll want to configure the hand box with the mount's orientation, then follow the instructions here to control it with TheSkyX.  TheSkyX controls LX200 mounts using RA/Dec coordinates whether the telescope is mounted in an alt/az or equatorial orientation. 

Cellotina:
The icon implies that the mount is a GEM.
The icon is a generic representation of a telescope mount, and does not change based on the telescope's mechanical orientation.

Cellotina:
Or is this scope have a default setting of Alt/AZ?
The mechanical orientation of the mount should be configured from the hand box.

Cellotina:
Am I going to need a wedge?
How are you using the mount?  Visually?  With a DSLR or other digital camera? 

If the telescope will be used to visually observe objects, an equatorial wedge may not be necessary.  If you plan on taking digital photos, then either a rotator to remove field rotation, or an equatorial wedge will be required. 

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

© 2019 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+