Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

The Sky 6 Pro - CCDSoft 5 link inoperable on replacement observatory computer

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 4

The Win XP desktop died after 10 years out in the observatory.  Replaced it with a newer good condition Win 7 machine on which The Sky 6 Pro and CCDSoft 5 are setup and running.  The Sky 6 Pro links just fine to the serial output on my Meade LX200 GPS, and the curser on the Sky's presentation screen moves with the scope as the scope is slewed.

I'm running CCDSoft 5 to control an ST8-XME and that part's running OK as well.  The problem is that the declination is not automatically set when guiding (and yes, I connect the Sky to the scope before doing a camera guide routine calibration).  Also coordinates are not being fed to the .fits images making astrometry a bit more tedious.

Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Pete Peterson
Wishing Star Observatory  I15

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,761
Software Bisque Employee

You may receive assistance from a fellow user, however we'd like to take this opportunity to remind you that these products are retired, and no longer directly supported by Software Bisque.

Please consider upgrading or purchasing current versions of our products for amateur and professional astronomers, available for Windows, Mac, Linux and Raspbian as well!

CCDSoft is superseded by the Camera Add On for TheSkyX Professional Edition.

Thank you!

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS

© 2019 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+