Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

Questions Regarding the Software Bisque Taurus 600 Mount

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 11
Ilan Manulis Posted: 02-14-2019 8:17 AM

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE HE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Dear Software Bisque manager,

I have a couple of questions related to the Software Bisque’s Taurus 600 mount:

1.    Is the overall load weight capacity 180 kg, as advertised?

2.    What is the distance / length between the fork arms, at the location where the telescope is attached?

I would appreciate if you could guide me to a Web page where the detailed specifications of the Taurus 600 mount are presented.

Many thanks for addressing these questions!

Best regards,

Ilan Manulis

Director, the Martin S. Kraar Observatory

Weizmann Institute of Science

Rehovot, Israel

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,907
Software Bisque Employee

Thank you for your interest in the Paramount Taurus Robotic Telescope System!

Ilan Manulis:
  Is the overall load weight capacity 180 kg, as advertised?

That is what we specify for the Taurus 600 model, yes.

Ilan Manulis:
What is the distance / length between the fork arms, at the location where the telescope is attached?

Quoting from our specifications for the Taurus 500/600: "The fork can accommodate a single or multiple optical tube assemblies with an outer diameter of 24 in. (61 cm) up to 35 in. (89 cm)."

Ilan Manulis:
I would appreciate if you could guide me to a Web page where the detailed specifications of the Taurus 600 mount are presented.

Please see our Paramount Taurus Equatorial Fork Specification page (as linked at upper-right of the Paramount Taurus Equatorial Fork Mount page).

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 27,823
Software Bisque Employee

Ilan Manulis:
What is the distance / length between the fork arms, at the location where the telescope is attached?
What OTA(s) are you planning to mount to the Taurus 600?  (SB has a variety of 3D OTA models so that the system can be assembled in virtual space first.)

Note that the default fork arm spacing can be customized for non-standard mountings. If you do not find the specifications you need in this document, we can try to create a custom 3D drawing for your latitude and equipment.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

© 2019 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+