Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

Printing Charts

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Ugo Bartole Posted: 03-06-2019 9:15 AM

When I do a print preview the sky background is blue.

How do I make it white.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,686
Software Bisque Employee

Let's get some preliminaries out of the way. What OS (e.g. Windows, macOS, other) are you using? What software are you using (e.g. TheSky6, TheSkyX Serious Astronomer Edition, etc.)? What version and build number is it (see Help > About TheSky on Windows, or TheSkyX > About TheSkyX on macOS)?

Is your field of view fairly small, such that the Milky Way (which is normally shaded blue-green) may be occupying all of your field?

If you aren't already, enable the Display > Map Like mode (TheSkyX) or View > Chart Mode (TheSky6) so that the Sky Chart in the main window mimics what would be printed. To change the Sky Chart, Milky Way or another object type's attributes in TheSkyX, double-click it on the Display > Chart Elements window to open the Edit Chart Element Attributes window. Then, from the Properties tab, edit the Fill Color setting as desired. In TheSky6, use the View > Display Explorer window.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Not Ranked
Posts 2

I am running The Sky 6 Pro on a windows xp.

Could you tell me exactly where to go to change this.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,686
Software Bisque Employee

If you didn't already, please invoke the View > Chart Mode so that your Sky Chart resembles what would be printed. Next, if you select Orientation > Look > South, is the background of the sky portion (not horizon portion) of the Sky Chart white? If so, my guess is that your prior view (to which you can now return using Edit > Undo) was filled, or mostly filled, with the Milky Way or another object that has a blue, or near-blue, fill colour for the chart mode.

We'd like to take this opportunity to remind you that TheSky6 is retired, and no longer directly supported by Software Bisque. Please consider upgrading or purchasing current versions of our products for amateur and professional astronomers, available for Windows, Mac, Linux and Raspbian as well!Thank you!

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,686
Software Bisque Employee

Ugo Bartole:
I am running The Sky 6 Pro on a windows xp.

I should add that, as of version 10.5, TheSkyX for Windows requires Windows 7, or later. TheSkyX for Windows version 10.3.x is compatible with Windows XP, but we no longer sell that version.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Not Ranked
Posts 2

It has been solved by going to Display Explorer, Reference Objects, Other reference, Sky chart and changing the color to white.

Yes I may be the Ugo you dealt with before.

Thanks for your help.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,686
Software Bisque Employee

I'm glad you found it. Using the default Normal.svp properties file, the Sky Chart's default Chart Mode fill colour is white. So you apparently had either altered its properties, and/or loaded a different properties (.SVP) file. Tip: In the Display Explorer window, click on the icon (not the label) for a node, such as Sky Chart, to open the Properties window.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS

© 2019 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+