Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

Supported Equipment

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 2
SinclairMC Posted: 03-18-2019 8:01 AM

Hello,

I'm looking at buying the Sky X (not sure which edition, yet). I've got a Meade LX90, a Meade zero-shift micro-focuser, a Canon EOS 750D (for imaging), A Meade DSI (for guiding), as well as Explore Scientific ED80 refractor (piggy-backed onto the LX90). I'd like to be able to switch between the two scopes for optional guiding/imaging roles (depending on my preferred FOV).

Are all of the above supported by the Sky X?

Many thanks, in advance.

Sinclair Curdie

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,907
Software Bisque Employee

Thank you for your interest in TheSkyX Astronomy Software!

You left out at least one important detail—what OS are you using (Windows, macOS, Linux)?

If your Meade LX90 has an Autostar or Audiostar hand controller, then both TheSkyX Serious Astronomer Edition and TheSkyX Professional Edition would be able to control your mount.

To add camera control would require both the Professional Edition and the Camera Add On to TheSkyX Professional Edition. The Canon EOS 750D is supported, however the Meade DSI is not. If there is an ASCOM (Windows only) driver available for this camera—my quick search didn't reveal one—then you should be able to use that.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Not Ranked
Posts 2

Hi Brian and thanks for getting back to me.

Apologies... operating system is Windows 10. Autostar handset #497.

Regarding the Meade DSI, I've heard that the ASCOM driver is downloaded when Meade's Autostar Envisage software is installed (which it is). It already works guiding with PHD2. Does that sound promising?

Sinclair Curdie

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,907
Software Bisque Employee

SinclairMC:
Does that sound promising?

Yes.

For information on devices supported by TheSkyX, please see:

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

© 2019 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+