Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

MyT Loose Dec Axis (Versa Plate Movement)

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Peter Von Stein Posted: 04-03-2019 1:15 PM

The Dec Axis has a fair bit of Versa Plate movement when I move it back and forth by hand (as opposed to the RA axis which is tight).  I have adjusted the Dec Spring Plunger and Cam stop according to instructions.  When I make it too tight there is still there is a little less movement but the Dec axis will not drive.  I taped a piece of paper (with a pencil mark) to the mount to show the movement.  See attached files.

I am only a beginner with this well engineered mount.  Obviously I think that the DEC axis should not have that much play.  Please give me some suggestions or test that I could run.

Thank you,

Peter Von Stein

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,761
Software Bisque Employee

Peter Von Stein:
The Dec Axis has a fair bit of Versa Plate movement when I move it back and forth by hand…

If you push hard enough, you might force the worm away from the gear a little, allowing the gear to rotate slightly. But if you feel movement when pushing with just one finger on the end of the Versa-Plate, some adjustment is probably necessary.

Peter Von Stein:
…(as opposed to the RA axis which is tight).

Both should feel similar, given a similar torque is applied.

Peter Von Stein:
I have adjusted the Dec Spring Plunger and Cam stop according to instructions.

Have you been following our Paramount GEM Cam Stop and Spring Plunger Adjustment Instructions?

Peter Von Stein:
When I make it too tight there is still there is a little less movement but the Dec axis will not drive.

Then that's too tight. It may be that you should proceed to Paramount Worm Block Adjustments.

And you might find this post (and following) and this one (and following) worth reading. Note that both axes use the same worm block assembly design, and can therefore be adjusted—when necessary—in the same manner.

Peter Von Stein:
See attached files.

None came through. See our knowledge base article on How to Share Files on the Software Bisque Community Forums. Note that only one file (which could be a ZIP—or otherwise-compressed—file containing multiple files) can be attached to a forum post, but multiple images can be embedded. Alternatively, you can embed a link to a file, or folder of files, hosted on a cloud-based service (e.g. Dropbox).

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Not Ranked
Posts 7

Thank you Brian.  I will check out all your suggestions.  Much appreciated.

Not Ranked
Posts 7

These were the files I tried to attach:

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

© 2019 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+