Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

dome add-on and tpoint

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 42
Dave Compton Posted: 04-08-2019 11:13 AM

I have just purchased a MyT and while I'm waiting I've been looking at the software. I had a quick question about doing an automated t-point run with a dome. I see that there is a 'sort for dome' selection for the tpoints.

I'm assuming this allows the telescope to slew through several points that will be visible in a dome slot without having to rotate the dome as often.

So I was wondering but just to make sure... If the dome add-on is active and you do an automated t-point calibration, will the routine wait for the dome to report back that it is finished moving before exposing the next camera exposure?

In other words, the camera won't be taking pictures of the inside of the dome because the t-point automation will out pace the dome?

Thanks

Dave 

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 148

Dave

Yes it waits until both telescope and dome moves are finished. 

Sorting for dome reduces the movement of the dome and so speeds up the t-point run.

Some may say it compromises the random nature of the run.

I use it.

Try using the simulator for a t-point run with dome while you wait.

Mark

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 42

Thanks! I thought it would be logical that it would. But in another name brand program even though it controls dome mount and camera it does not automatically wait for the dome to finish when making a pointing model. You have to build in a delay between exposures to make sure. 

glad y’all thought of that :)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 27,640
Software Bisque Employee

Dave Compton:
So I was wondering but just to make sure... If the dome add-on is active and you do an automated t-point calibration, will the routine wait for the dome to report back that it is finished moving before exposing the next camera exposure?
Correct.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 42

Just as a follow up. I am trying out all the software before my MyT arrives.

i had my old CGX mount, Nexdome, and sbig cameras all working in TSX.

i ran the dome calibration and entered the slaving values I had success with on previous software.

Using the X2 driver the dome slaved true to position and stayed locked in much better than the ascom driver.

The dome also moved at the same time as my skews and locked into new positions very accurately. I also did a take series run that lasted about an hour and the dome stayed in sync.

looking good so far...

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

© 2019 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+