Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

transfer license Mac / PC

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Patrice Galimand Posted: 04-18-2019 3:55 AM

Hello

I have licensed  "TheSkyX Pro " for Mac for several years. (Serial number)

For compatibility issues with my astronomical hardware (EQ8 mount, ZWO camera, focused badder...) hard to connect on Mac, see impossible, I will probably switch on a PC.

Would it be possible to transfer my Mac license on Windows?

Thank you for coming back.

Best regards,

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 27,539
Software Bisque Employee

Patrice Galimand:
Would it be possible to transfer my Mac license on Windows?
Yes. Email Front Desk @ bisque.com to request the transfer.

Patrice Galimand:
For compatibility issues with my astronomical hardware (EQ8 mount, ZWO camera, focused badder...) hard to connect on Mac
TheSkyX supports the above devices on macOS, and connectivity should not be difficult.

1. What version and build of TheSkyX?  (Click Help > Check for Updates and install the latest daily build if you have not already done so.)
  2. Is the Baader focuser a SteelDrive (original model), or SteelDrive II?
  3. For the serial devices, what USB adapter are you using?  Example USB adapter the works for macOS, Windows and Linux.
  4. What version of macOS?
  5. What is the exact version of the error message(s)?
  6. Are you using the latest ZWO X2 Plug In?  See this page for details how to download the latest.
  7. Click Telescope > Telescope Setup.  What is the exact model mount selected? 

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Not Ranked
Posts 3

Hello

Thank you for coming back.

To answer at your questions.

Computer : MacBook Pro computer (15-inch, 2016), Intel Core I7 2.7 GHz processor, Memory 16gb 2133 Mhrz LPDDR3, Graphics Intel HD graphic 530 1560 MB

1. What version and build of TheSkyX?   version the SkyX Pro 10.5.0 (build 11144)

2. Is the Baader focuser a SteelDrive (original model), or SteelDrive II?   Focuser Baader SteelDrive II, and not found in the Focuser list

For the serial devices, what USB adapter are you using?   Ugreen USB cable 2.0 to RS 232 and RS 232 to RJ12 in the RJ12 connector of the SynScan Racquet version (04.39.03),  PC mode direct

4. What version of macOS?    MacOS Mojave 10.14.4

5. What is the exact version of the error message(s)?    error 201

6. Are you using the latest ZWO X2 Plug In?        my two ZWO cameras (ASI071MC and ASI174 MM) work perfectly.

7. Click Telescope > Telescope Setup.  What is the exact model mount selected?     Sky-Watcher 8 ' ' Schmidt CASS EQ-5 Pro telescope

Thank you for your help

Patrice

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,827
Software Bisque Employee

Patrice Galimand:
1. What version and build of TheSkyX?   version the SkyX Pro 10.5.0 (build 11144)

You might consider updating to TheSkyX Professional Edition for Mac - Daily Build (currently at build 12033, as of the time of my writing).

Patrice Galimand:
2. Is the Baader focuser a SteelDrive (original model), or SteelDrive II?   Focuser Baader SteelDrive II, and not found in the Focuser list

See this freely-available TheSkyX-native X2 plug-in for the Baader Planetarium SteelDrive focuser. (I'm personally unsure whether this plug-in is compatible with the very new SteelDrive II model. Someone else will likely answer that.)

Patrice Galimand:
For the serial devices, what USB adapter are you using?   Ugreen USB cable 2.0 to RS 232…

Some models of UGREEN serial-to-USB converters use the FTDI chipset, others use the Prolific (PL2303) chipset. We highly recommend using a converter that has the FTDI chipset.

Patrice Galimand:
…and RS 232 to RJ12 in the RJ12 connector of the SynScan Racquet version (04.39.03),  PC mode direct

By "Racquet", do you mean hand controller? Please see this post about not using the PC Direct Mode for this purpose.

Patrice Galimand:
5. What is the exact version of the error message(s)?    error 201

The description of this error is "Could not open communications port.  The port is either in use by another application or not recognized by the system."

To which device are you trying to connect when you receive this message? Have you verified that you're selecting the correct port for that device?

Patrice Galimand:
6. Are you using the latest ZWO X2 Plug In?        my two ZWO cameras (ASI071MC and ASI174 MM) work perfectly.

Great! So apparently any device connectivity issues you are experiencing with TheSkyX are limited to your mount and/or focuser. Is that right?

Patrice Galimand:
7. Click Telescope > Telescope Setup.  What is the exact model mount selected?     Sky-Watcher 8 ' ' Schmidt CASS EQ-5 Pro telescope

That (found under the Orion Telescopes & Binoculars heading) should be fine. You could also choose one under the Sky-Watcher heading (may require updating your build of TheSkyX), such as EQ8 Synscan GPS; the result should be the same, however.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Not Ranked
Posts 3

Hello

I beg you to apologize for my late reply, but I went to astronomy with my club, hence my late response.

Question 1, 3, 4, 5 and 7

- Update completed (version the SkyX Pro 10.5.0 (build 12033)

- Wiith the RS 232 to RJ12, the racket not used in direct PC mode, the communicaction is going perfectly.

The sky and the EQ8 (Ascom Mount) works well together.

Question 6

- Both Zwo works well with the sky.

Question 2

- I tried the driver for the Baader SteelDrive Focuser, unfortunately it does not work with the SteelDrive II.

I would be forced to work with a Mac and a PC to manage the focussor while waiting to find a driver that works with this model.

Thank you again for your help.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

© 2019 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+