Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

Nikon Z6

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 14
descyr Posted: 05-15-2019 2:20 PM

Nikon Z6 has been on the market for 7 months now (launch November, 2018).  An earlier message received from you was asking me to go through Backyard Nikon.  I tried but I was told that they were waiting for Nikon to send them a Z6 camera and that they may receive it in 6 months...  Can you do something to unable the Z6 in The Sky X Pro without having to rely on a third party to manage the camera?  It's a long time to wait for don't you think...

Thank you for your prompt reply

Martin

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 27,794
Software Bisque Employee

descyr:
An earlier message received from you was asking me to go through Backyard Nikon.
Correct.  TheSkyX with the optional Camera Add On can control Nikon cameras through Backyard Nikon, only.

descyr:
Can you do something to unable the Z6 in The Sky X Pro without having to rely on a third party to manage the camera?
Not in the short term.  Unfortunately, if there's a six month backlog for this camera, even if SB supported Nikon cameras directly, SB would be in the same boat at Backyard Nikon is now (we'd be waiting for the new model, too).

descyr:
It's a long time to wait for don't you think...
Please consider contacting Nikon about their disappointingly long camera delivery lead times.

Thank you.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Not Ranked
Posts 14

I received a note from Diffraction Limited Support team about the Nikon Z6 Software Development Kit and file formats availability for developers and they stated the following:  '' I just checked this morning. Nikon updated the file format info and control software just a few weeks ago (End of February, not sure when it was actually released).''

All I am asking is for you to check with Nikon and perhaps encourage third party to do the same.  I would like to urge you to do so but, as a consumer, my only power is to ask and wait...

Martin 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

© 2019 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+