Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

MyT and RASA 11

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 12
lawmarks Posted: 05-15-2019 10:20 PM

has anyonyone tried imaging with this combo or would it be too heavy for the MyT?   It would be in a permanent install on a sky shed pier.  Thanks

Not Ranked
Posts 12

Sorry about the typo.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,569
Software Bisque Employee

The 11" RASA weights 43lbs. As long as you don't try and piggy back something else heavy on it, I can't imagine your camera being 10lbs hanging off the front of it. It's short focal length too, and compact. It should work fine on a MYT. I run an 6" refractor on mine very close to the limit and get great results even with all that extra moment of intertia. 60lbs of counterweights even.

Richard

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 27,539
Software Bisque Employee
  • The maximum recommended instrument capacity of the Paramount MYT is 50 pounds.
  • The RASA 11-in. OTA weighs 43 pounds.

That leaves about 7 pounds for the remaining instrumentation.  You may have to lower the acceleration, and decrease the maximum slew speeds, but, even at maximum capacity, the Paramount MYT can certainly produce exceptional results, especially with the fast, short-focal length RASA. 

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Not Ranked
Posts 12

Thanks Daniel.  I really appreciate the info and the quick response.  I've really been enjoying my MyT so far although I have not been using it as much as I plan to once I finish setting up my sky shed pod.  So far I have been using it only as a portable system.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 126

It is near the rated weight limit but the OTA is short and the FL is very short so it should not be a problem.  I have extensively used mounts (AP and SB) above the rated weight with good results, probably because the official rating is below actual max capacity.  The weakest point is usually the tripod/pier and it looks like you have that covered.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS

© 2019 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+