Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

expired subscription, camera add-on, and transfer from Mac to PC

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 1
medlar Posted: 05-30-2019 12:02 AM

I won the Sky X Pro software in a raffle. The version I got was for Mac. I finally got around to installing it on an old Mac laptop in 2/18 after buying a camera. I use it for the FOV feature to find objects that are a good size for the camera. I received an email in 2/19 for a 'renewal', which I thought was a scam email and didn't open at the time. 
I recently found out in an astronomy club meeting that some of the guys are using Sky X to control their telescopes and cameras. I've been using PHD and Nebulosity (and still do). My Mac laptop doesn't have USB3. Both of the computers I use to control telescopes are Windows 10 with USB3.
Since I didn't renew, is it still possible for me to buy the camera add-on? And would it be possible to transfer the license from Mac to PC (or a newer Mac)?
In one of the posts it was pointed out I can run it on two computers - how would that apply to my situation?
Thanks

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 27,695
Software Bisque Employee

medlar:
I received an email in 2/19 for a 'renewal', which I thought was a scam email and didn't open at the time. 
What Is a Software Subscription? and How Do I Renew My Annual Software Subscription? for details about TheSkyX's subscription.

medlar:
I recently found out in an astronomy club meeting that some of the guys are using Sky X to control their telescopes and cameras.
TheSkyX supports many astronomical devices.

medlar:
Since I didn't renew, is it still possible for me to buy the camera add-on?
Yes.

medlar:
And would it be possible to transfer the license from Mac to PC (or a newer Mac)?
Yes. 

• TheSkyX can be installed on two computers (SB's Software License Agreement). So, you can install it to the second Mac.
  • If you wish to transfer your license from macOS to Windows, let us know and we can do that for you.
  • If you want both macOS and Windows (plus x86 and ARM-based Linux versions), consider the Multi-OS and Six License Add On

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS

© 2019 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+