Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

Thoughts on MX+ for Imaging With Two Scopes

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 6
davidandra Posted: 06-02-2019 7:14 PM

I have a Skywatcher Esprit 120 and an EdgeHD 11. I am looking for a mount that will handle both scopes simultaneously. I image 95% of the time and visual only 5%. I almost always operate from a permanent location. I tend to take many short subs versus a few long images. I'm shopping for a premium mount that will allow me to achieve my stated goals (i.e. carry both scopes and image with either). All told I estimate both scopes with all gear attached (e.g. ADM dovetails, reducers, filter wheel, camera) will be in the neighborhood of 75  pounds. I was considering an ADM side-by-side dovetail, but I know that can be tricky to balance. Is the MX+ the right mount for the job? How long is delivery from order? Any thoughts and advice is appreciated!

Thanks, David

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 27,821
Software Bisque Employee

Thanks for considering the Paramount MX+!

davidandra:
All told I estimate both scopes with all gear attached (e.g. ADM dovetails, reducers, filter wheel, camera) will be in the neighborhood of 75  pounds.
The maximum payload capacity is 100 pounds (45 kg), so this is a reasonable payload.

davidandra:
How long is delivery from order?
4-6 weeks.

davidandra:
Any thoughts and advice is appreciated!
Hopefully others can chime in with their experiences.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 669

Hi David,

I'm portable so the requirements for multiple scopes or even swapping scopes out during the same session are even gnarlier- my older MX (original flavor) and TSX/TPoint/ProTrack have worked exceedingly well for just that. Additionally, I frequently use an old SBIG ST-10 so I *have* to take longer integrations due to the higher read noise with that setup and it still gives me great unguided images night after night. If you're using more modern CMOS cameras I think you'll be pretty stoked at what you can do with a MX+ and not need to hover at all after creating models for each setup (quick and easy mouse clicks to save and recall as needed) with very little and completely automated "engineering" preparation. That's assuming you aren't going to use the two scopes concurrently. It may work well for you even then but I haven't really played around with that. There are a few threads about that scenario here and on other forums and seems do-able.

Clear skies,

Bill

Not Ranked
Posts 6

Thanks, Daniel!

David

Not Ranked
Posts 6

Thanks for the reply, Bill! Great to hear the experience of others.

David

Not Ranked
Posts 6

Hello David, I just finalized installating 3 scopes on my Paramount MX+ with total weight of 99 lbs! I have installed a ADM side-by-side 15in dovetail with a TGAD for my VRC10 from Mallincam. Beside I have a FSQ106 on top of a TOA130. Perfectly balanced, I have been imaging for 2 weeks now without any problem. The only thing I had to do is to slow down the mount. Daniel from Bisque confirmed me that the could withstand the 100lbs load and it does just that, I can hardly ear it run!

Do not hesitate, MX+ is the way to go!

Here is the installation:

Not Ranked
Posts 6

Nice! Thank you for sharing!

David

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS

© 2019 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+