Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

X2 Camera Driver

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 8
seantib Posted: 06-27-2019 4:44 PM

Hello,

I am currently writing an X2 driver for a Mako Gig-E camera, and have been able to "wire-up" most of the necessary connections between TheSkyX and the Mako C++ API. I am stuck at one point and hope y'all will be able to help.

When pulling an image off of a Mako camera from the API, it eventually will return an unsigned character pointer with the image information (e.g. a character array of values 0-255). The camera takes images in the Mono8 format. Currently I am using the Readout Line setup, which I notice has several inputs:

(const enumCameraIndex& Cam, const enumWhichCCD& CCD, const int& nWidth, const int& nHeight, const int& nMemWidth, unsigned char* pMem)

I understand the first two inputs (Cam, CCD) do not need to be adjusted, but do the other ones? I noticed that pMem is an Unsigned Char* as well, so I set

pMem = m_pImage;

where m_pImage is my unsigned char* which holds the image data. When loading TheSkyX, the resulting image produced (yes, it somehow gets an image), is black, and all pixels hold a value of zero, when they should be nonzero.

Is this set up correctly? The Mako GigE is a CCD device, but the API does not use internal storage of the camera, just in case X2 tries to look for that.

If needed I can upload the code, just let me know!

Thanks,

Sean Tibbetts

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 27,821
Software Bisque Employee

See this related thread.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS

© 2019 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+