Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

Paramount ME questions

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 11
jeffs Posted: 06-30-2019 5:43 PM

I am seriously considering purchasing an old Paramount ME that has been updated to MKS  5000. I am curious about how it works to transfer the license to me. The current owner states that he would to keep the license, but I already have TheSkyX Pro with the imaging add-on but not t point. What are my options here?

Also, is there anything else I should be wary of for an old mount like this?

Does the MKS 5000 upgrade upgrade the motors too, or is it just the board?

Sounds like the chime doesn't work, but the seller says Bisque support said it is probably just the speaker... I'm OK without that, but is that a red flag for anything else?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 27,821
Software Bisque Employee

jeffs:
am curious about how it works to transfer the license to me.
See this article.

jeffs:
Also, is there anything else I should be wary of for an old mount like this?
The Paramount ME began shipping in 2001, so the mount could be up to 18 years old.  How was the mount used (survey astronomy, pretty pictures, other)?  Was the mount routinely lubricated?

If desired, Software Bisque can service and re-certify the Paramount ME by shipping it here first.

jeffs:
Does the MKS 5000 upgrade upgrade the motors too, or is it just the board?
See the Paramount ME MKS 5000 Upgrade for the packing list.  Motors are not included. 

jeffs:
I'm OK without that, but is that a red flag for anything else?
See this post.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Not Ranked
Posts 11

Thanks for answering all of my questions! I've decided to purchase the mount. How much does it cost to service and re-certify?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 27,821
Software Bisque Employee

jeffs:
How much does it cost to service and re-certify?
The minimum charge is $500.00.  The total cost depends on what needs to be done to the mount to return it to original operating specification and if a star test is to be performed. 

After the mount has been thoroughly inspected, but before any work is performed, Software Bisque provides a written invoice for the work order.  With your signed approval, the mount can be certified.  See this page get the process started.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

© 2019 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+