Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

New additional programming option, to skyX

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 3
skywatcher4242 Posted: 07-09-2019 7:07 PM

Good day my friends at Software Bisque;

Always with great respect, may I please ask that you will consider this suggestion.

I am looking for a program, that would allow me to AUTOMATE my nights work.

For example: Using the skyX - I'd like to be able to direct my telescope to (perhaps) 50 objects during a night, and once the telescope is set to an object - let's just use M42 for example, then the program would instruct my ccd camera to take (let's say) 1000 frames at 3 seconds each, save these frames in a file, call it M42 with that night's date and TIME noted.   Once this command has completed, I would have the telescope move to let's say M57 - take 500 frames at 180 seconds each, and once complete file these frames in a file called M57 with a date and time stamp - and so forth.

I would set the parameters - the date, the objects, the time of the frames and so forth.

The telescope, would then follow the schedule and tasks as I have created in the (let's call) night scheduler. - for example.

I'd pay to have this functionality, and as I use SkyX - your package, you bet I would pay to have it as an added software package - working in conjunction with the skyX.

i believe that astronomy has progressed far enough now, that some of us, perhaps ALL of us, from time to time want our telescopes to be more automated.

I am not a programmer: I know that you have the skilled staff there to do this.

From my research, NO ONE is doing this or offering such an automation program.

If you deem this idea to be of value, please - let me know.

I'm definitely going to purchase it, as an addendum to my SkyX package.

Regards, (and thank you)

DS.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,907
Software Bisque Employee

Thank you for the kind words and your support of Software Bisque products!

skywatcher4242:
i believe that astronomy has progressed far enough now, that some of us, perhaps ALL of us, from time to time want our telescopes to be more automated.

skywatcher4242:
If you deem this idea to be of value, please - let me know.

Indeed, and Software Bisque has led much of the technological development that makes this possible.

skywatcher4242:
From my research, NO ONE is doing this or offering such an automation program.

To the contrary, there are a number of off-the-shelf solutions available. Many of our clients are using third-party automation applications such as SGPro, ACP, CCDAP5 and CCD Commander in conjunction with TheSkyX Professional Edition. Some have also created their own scripts (using Java Script, VBScript, Python, etc.) or even custom applications (using Java, Visual Basic, C#, etc.) to leverage the scripting capabilities of TheSkyX Professional Edition without need of commercial third-party applications. Some have even been generous enough to share these with their fellow TheSkyX users, such as:

I'm sure a few of these individuals will chime in here to share their recommendations.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Not Ranked
Posts 2

Check out Voyager - voyagerastro.com. Pretty cheap and they help you set it up as well. Within about 2 hours, a buddy and I had it going. Had issues with imagelink though

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,127

skywatcher4242:

From the late 90's automation has been getting better and better, the major players are here, all have trails so you can try them out.

Tom

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

© 2019 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+