Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

CCDSoft/Vista/Apogee32.dll Error

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 1
ricyr Posted: 02-02-2010 11:56 PM

I have your ccdsoft and needed a new computr I purposefully bought a 32 bit machine.  It had Vista.  Now I cant make my ccdsoft work - I get the Apogee32.dll not found error and the program shuts down.  Hmmm..  and also I can't get passed the password on the upgrade and the camera plugin driver etc whats up with that??  I didnt even rememebr there was one

Rick

SLC  Help please

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 27,539
Software Bisque Employee

UAC or other AV software is preventing successful installation of CCDSoft (or removing required Registry entries "after installation").

Related threads:

Support Article that describes the cause and workarounds: http://www.bisque.com/support/sbkb2/280.asp

http://www.bisque.com/sc/forums/p/2136/6018.aspx#6018

http://www.bisque.com/sc/forums/p/6167/21529.aspx#21529

ricyr:
I can't get passed the password on the upgrade and the camera plugin driver etc whats up with that?? 

• The CCDSoft Latest Update does not require a password. 
  • The CCDSoft Camera Plug In (sold separately) does require a password.  When you purchase this product, you receive an email with your password and serial number.

If you need the CCDSoft installer password, and/or the CCDSoft Camera Plug In password, please register your serial numbers, and we'll go from there. 

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Not Ranked
Posts 1

Here is a screen shot - my install Key for CCDsoft purhcased through SBIG is XXXXXXXXX.  The program keep opening up under Vista and asking this - about 50% of time it goes the other route where it needs the Key instead of asking for a password,  none of the CCD upgrades ask for key they all ask for password hmmmmmmm....

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 27,539
Software Bisque Employee

The CCDSoft installers and updaters are working as expected.  Here are some critical distinctions between the CCDSoft Version 5 full installer and the update:

• The CCDSoft Version 5 Full Installer (113.5 MB) requires a password and serial number to install the latest, complete version of CCDSoft version 5. 
  • The incremental CCDSoft Version 5 Latest Update (10.7 MB) does not need a serial number or password to be installed.  An earlier version of CCDSoft must be present on the computer.

In general, if the CCDSoft installation application that you run does not request a password and serial number, then you're running the CCDSoft updater (not the full installer), or the full installer has determined that CCDSoft is already installed on the computer, and does not ask for the SN again.

If the installer asks for a password, the you're attempting to run the CCDSoft Version 5 Full Installer, not the CCDSoft Version 5 Latest Update.

I hope this makes sense.

Any any rate, I've privately emailed you the CCDSoft Version 5 Full Installer password.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Posting Etiquette

Not Ranked
Posts 0

Hi...
I had the exact same problem with Apogee32.dll under Windows 7. After shutting down the UAC CCDSoft installed and ran.. BUT, when I then installed the CCDSoft update, now it NO LONGER runs and immediately crashes with a "Program cannot start because Eigenval2.dll is missing from your computer" message...

I know you said that CCDSoft is compatible with Windows 7 so I figure there is a simple issue here. Please let me know as I am using all this with my remote observatory and new laptop to run it which currently cant!

Thanks,

Marc Dantonio

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 27,539
Software Bisque Employee

Please install the CCDSoft Version 5 Latest Update.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Posting Etiquette

Not Ranked
Posts 8

Daniel,

I read the first link in your response above and it does not appear to match my situation. I have CCDSOFT working now, but I would like to know what caused the problem.

I had the hard drive on my laptop replaced and so I needed to reinstall CCDSOFT. When I tried to launch CCDSOFT I got an error message that said it cannot find Apogee32.dll. I have CCDSOFT on my desktop and so I went into it to find out where the dll is located (it was in program files(86)>common files>system). I copied Apogee32.dll to my thumb drive and then copied it to my laptop. CCDSOFT now launches and seems to work like it should, but why was I missing this dll file? I do not have an anti-virus program running (I'm still reinstalling all the programs after the hard drive was replaced) and do not have any other kind of computer program installed (like PC(?) Doctor).

Stan

Not Ranked
Posts 8

Daniel,

Earlier today I sent a message that either you did not get (which means you won't get this one) or else it hasn't been approved for the forum yet. I wanted to know why the re-install of CCDSOFT could not find an Apogee32.dll file. I just found out why. I had purchased an ST-8XME camera from SBIG in 2007. I re-installed CCDSOFT from the disk that came with it. After I sent my previous message I was in the process of getting the St-i camera to work and discovered I had a more recent disk with CCDSOFT on it (it came with the ST-i camera). What I did was delete the Apogee32.dll file in

Program files (86x) > Common Files > System 

and then re-ran the install using the newer disk. The newer disk added the Apogee32.dll to the System folder. I was able to launch CCDSOFT. Apparently, the 2007 disk did not have the Apogee32.dll file as part of the install program, but the newer disk does.

Stan

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 27,539
Software Bisque Employee

Stanley A. Gorodenski:
CCDSOFT now launches and seems to work like it should, but why was I missing this dll file?
Something removed it from your computer.  Based on our experience, the Windows 10 update, for example, often will remove this DLL.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Posting Etiquette

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS

© 2019 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+