Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

TheSky6 Student Ediion vs. TheSkyX Student Edition

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 0
gejmessmer Posted: 02-08-2010 5:17 PM

I have had the Sky Student edition for some time and do not use it very much.  I would now like to get more involved using my Meade ETX 90 Priemer Scope.  What editon of the Sky would you recommend for this telescope and my being a beginner.  Any recommendations on specs for a Laptop to run on the upgraded software?. 

Hope these  are not a technical questions.  If so sorry.

Thanks, looking forward to future exchanges.

George Messmer

Port St. Lucie, Fl

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,683
Software Bisque Employee

Thanks for the nice comments about TheSky.

TheSkyX Serious Astronomer Edition can control telescopes, including Meade-model mounts like the ETX-90.  You are eligible to upgrade to this edition.

gejmessmer:
Any recommendations on specs for a Laptop to run on the upgraded software?. 
If you are targeting Windows 7, make sure to get a laptop with ample RAM (2GB or more) and one that has a decent video display adaptor (NVIDIA or ATI). 

Or, you can't go wrong with (almost any) Mac laptop running OS X Snow Leopard (and this computer can also run Windows).

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Not Ranked
Posts 0

Hi Dan

Thank you for the quick and informative response to my questions.  I appreciate the help and guidence.

George Messmer

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+