Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

Need Control Software 1.1.45 or later error message

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 2
jsecaur Posted: 12-17-2010 8:47 AM

Hello,

We have used an old version of The Sky for quite some time at the Kent State University observatory.  It has fallen into dis-use for a number of years and we are working to rehabilitate it. 

We have installed a newer computer and The Sky 6 Professional, but when we attempted to connect to the Paramount mount (with a serial port connection) we got an error message: Control Software 1.1.45 or later needed.

Is that something that comes with version 6 and it did not get installed, or is that a patch we download from you folks, or is that something from the manufacturer of the mount itself?

Thanks,

Jon Secaur

Physics Department

Kent State University

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 27,821
Software Bisque Employee
  1. Install TheSky6 Latest Update (All Editions).
  2. Upate the MKS 3000 firmware to 1.1.45 as described in  the Paramount User Guide.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,094
Universal Subscription Licensee

Note that if for any reason the update fails (it can happen), then you may end up having to use the correct version of the MKSER program to do the update.  Which version of MKSER actually works depends on which mount you have and which MKS version you have.  The version of MKSER in the downloads area didn't work for me.  With MKS-3000, the only version of MKSER that worked for me was an older version which was not available for download, but which Steven Bisque was kind enough to e-mail to me. 

Not Ranked
Posts 2

Hello,

We're back in session after the holiday break.  We updated the Sky6 software as you directed.   I know we need to update the MKS 3000 firmware, but I don't know where to find that.  Van you help one more time?

Thanks,

Jon Secaur

Kent State University

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 27,821
Software Bisque Employee

See "Appendix C – Updating the Control Software (Firmware)" on page 103 of Paramount ME User Guide for step by step instructions.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Not Ranked
Posts 2

Hello,

Thanks for your help!  We are almost done -- we got to the UPDATE FLASH dialog box and began to update MKS1145.OUT.  The process began; we saw "Programming RA Axis..." and then "Error code =%d"

Sorry to have to keep coming back to you -- but do you have a suggestion for how to proceed?

Jon Secaur

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS

© 2019 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+