Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

MX plate

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 14
descyr Posted: 01-22-2014 2:29 PM

I purchased a Paramount MX mount and the Paramount MX Base to Pier Adaptor Plate to install directly on my pier top plate.  The top steel metal plate of my pier is square and measure 14''L x 14''W x 3/4'' thick.  I wonder if this plate is too large and if it could interfere with the Plane Wave CDK 12.5 telescope moving around on my MX mount?  In other word, how large can be the top plate of a pier not to interfere with the telescope movement using the MX mount and base to Pier Adaptor plate?

If the pier plate is too large, how far away from it should I install the MX Base to Pier Adaptor Plate to avoid any telescope contact with the pier top plate?

I can send you an Inventor CAD file I design to show you my setup.

Thank you for your prompt response

descyr  

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 27,809
Software Bisque Employee

See my response here: http://www.bisque.com/sc/forums/p/20812/91471.aspx#91471.

descyr:
The top steel metal plate of my pier is square and measure 14''L x 14''W x 3/4'' thick.
As a comparison, this product: http://www.bisque.com/sc/shops/store/heavy-duty-wedge-to-pier-adaptor-plate.aspx (a 12" x 12" plate, more or less) accepts the Paramount MX, but the Paramount MX must be offset from the center of the plate so that the pole-facing side of the Paramount MX base plate aligns with the edge of the existing top plate:

I hope this helps.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Not Ranked
Posts 14

Here is a picture of my pier and MX mount

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 27,809
Software Bisque Employee

You'll have to make sure the counterweight shaft and counterweights clear (it looks as though they will), and you might need to configure the software slew limits accordingly.

Otherwise, this appears to be a robust setup.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

© 2019 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+