Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

Is TheSkyX compatible with Celestron's StarSense hand control?

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 10
growe Posted: 04-29-2015 7:51 AM

Hi - I have heard that due to a version mismatch, TheSkyX can't control a Celestron scope that uses Celestron's StarSense auto-align feature. However, I have also heard that in a recent update, TheSkyX has fixed this bug and StarSense is now supported. Before I buy anything, could someone at Bisque confirm that TheSkyX does in fact work with StarSense?

If so, do both the Serious and Professional editions support StarSense?

Thanks for any info.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 27,289
Software Bisque Employee

growe:
TheSkyX has fixed this bug and StarSense is now supported.
Correct.

growe:
Before I buy anything, could someone at Bisque confirm that TheSkyX does in fact work with StarSense?
Yes.

growe:
If so, do both the Serious and Professional editions support StarSense?
Yes, for TheSkyX Pro Mac and Windows, and TheSkyX Serious Astronomer Edition for Windows, only.  The latest release of TheSkyX Serious Astronomer Edition for Mac does not yet include this change, but an update is planned as soon as I can get to it.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Not Ranked
Posts 12

I also have TheSky X Professional and a Celestron StarSense.   One of the issues with my failing eyesight is seeing and aligning to a star to do a Star Alignment on the Celestron AVX mount with the hand control.   I have used the StarSense with the AVX and it works great.  

How would I use it with TSX Pro?   Power up the mount, run StarSense, then power up TheSkyX and connect to the mount after it is aligned?   I'm a bit vague as to how to make this combination work.   Would you still use the TSX's  "Tools" selection in Telescope menu to feed the computer time and location to the hand control, before or after running StarSense?

BTW, I've never used a software with all the support you offer with TSX.   It is the best support, I've ever seen.   As a newbie, it is really appreciated.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,682
Software Bisque Employee

John Harris NS5Y:
I also have TheSky X Professional and a Celestron StarSense.

From the context, I take it you mean the StarSense AutoAlign. Is that right?

John Harris NS5Y:
How would I use it with TSX Pro?   Power up the mount, run StarSense, then power up TheSkyX and connect to the mount after it is aligned?

Yes.

John Harris NS5Y:
Would you still use the TSX's  "Tools" selection in Telescope menu to feed the computer time and location to the hand control, before or after running StarSense?

You could, yes. And after connecting with TheSkyX (which I don't believe can be done until the mount is star-aligned). UPDATE: If you supply revised location and/or time information to the mount controller, you will probably need to do a new star alignment.

John Harris NS5Y:
I've never used a software with all the support you offer with TSX.   It is the best support, I've ever seen.

Thanks for saying so!

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

© 2019 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+