Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

SBIG Camera Control from Within theSkyX Pro

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 7
clink Posted: 12-26-2016 1:21 PM

I am totally confused, now (no surprising!).  I am under the impression that I can use CCDSoft v5 within the SkyX Pro to control my SBIG camera.  When I try this, I can only  get camera control by activating the camera add on 90 day trial.  I thought I remembered reading a post answer that says the if one owns a copy of CCDSoft v5, one does not need to purchase the camera add on.  What am I missing here, and can I get CCDSoft v5 to work within the SkyX pro software?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 23,994
Software Bisque Employee

clink:
I am under the impression that I can use CCDSoft v5 within the SkyX Pro to control my SBIG camera.
For all intents and purposes, CCDSoft (which is retired and unsupported) has been superseded by the Camera Add On.  (When TheSkyX Pro was first released, SB offered a "scaled down" version of the Camera Add On that allowed CCDSoft to be the camera control software.  Now, the Camera Add On, only, can control the SBIG camera). 

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS

© 2017 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+