Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

T Point

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Jack1 Posted: 01-07-2017 3:43 PM

in using  it says to center star in eyepiece...OR center of ccd chip..How do I kn ow if it is centered  on the CCD chip??

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 474

From your question, I would assume you are a new user of both SkyXPro/Tpoint and/or imaging.

Tpoint can be used visually, using an eyepiece, but usually, most folks use it with a CCD camera. 

To use it visually, you would center a star in the center of the eyepiece. If you have a ccd camera mounted on the scope, instead of an eyepiece, you would take an image, and then make sure the star is centered on the image by moving the scope until it is centered.

But most folks use T-Point with a CCD camera use an automated imaging run, by using Automated Calibration from the T-Point settings page, which selects the stars and slews, then plate solves, and syncs automatically.

You can't center a star on a CCD chip if you don't have a ccd camera!

Gerald

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 23,796
Software Bisque Employee

Jack1:
How do I kn ow if it is centered  on the CCD chip??
Use Image Link to determine the astrometric solution for the photo, or use Automated Pointing Calibration and have TheSkyX+Camera Add On+TPoint Add On do the work for you.  See Automated Pointing Calibration in the TPoint Add On User Guide for details.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 818
Software Bisque Employee

From Jack Steenbarger via private email:

"thanks for the info..I do have a SBig st 8300 color..does that change how to??"

Sarah Bisque Clawson

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

© 2017 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+