Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

Park function not working

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 1
genoot Posted: 03-09-2017 7:58 AM

Having a problem with the following set-up : TheSkyX Prof and a 10Micron 3000HPS mount controlled over their ASCOM driver.

In the past we were able to park/unpark the mount from TheSkyX. But since the last updates, all the park/unpark functions are greyed out and are no longer working.

Can you indicate possible reasons why the park functions are disabled?

I'm checking with 10Micron at the same time to see if the problem comes from their side. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,236
Software Bisque Employee

genoot:
In the past we were able to park/unpark the mount from TheSkyX. But since the last updates, all the park/unpark functions are greyed out and are no longer working.
In this support issue, "double slews" were reported when parking ASCOM mounts.  TheSkyX was not following the ASCOM standard wrt parking (the driver, not the application is responsible for parking the telescope). 

That issue was resolved, however, the bug you describe above, also reported here, is the result of that change.  We're working on the resolution.

Thanks for your patience.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Not Ranked
Posts 17

I'm wondering if this issue is why I'm having problems with Park. I have a Paramount ME controlled by TheSkyX Pro, with build 11360. I attributed the problem to my move from a failing Windows7 Home computer to a new Windows10 Pro and something being incorrectly set. The driver is version 1.990.  I can set park and the telescope will park. But once I close TheSkyX and restart it, the park position is lost and I'm back to the Park and Unpark commands being grey. Any advice would be appreciated.

Whit Ludington

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,236
Software Bisque Employee

Whit Ludington:
I have a Paramount ME controlled by TheSkyX Pro, with build 11360.
From TheSkyX Pro, click Help > Check for Updates and install the latest daily build.  Please see the February 9, 2017 Change Log notes on this page as there were Paramount-specific park-related changes.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+