Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

How to level mount on a permanent pier.

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 11
Marty Butley Posted: 11-29-2017 8:46 AM

I am interested in a MyT mount with a permanent pier.  I note that there is a base adaptor plate to allow the Myt to be mounted on the MX pier.  You recommend that the foot of the MX pier be in contact with the concrete.  Must the concrete be perfectly level, or is there a way to level the mount or pier after installation?  Also, is it possible to attach the base adaptor plate directly to a concrete pier without using an MX pier in between?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,192

Marty Butley:
Must the concrete be perfectly level

Most contractors can get the concrete pier very level, close enough is typically good.  Keep in mind depending on your weather things will change with the seasons (frost heave, etc).

Marty Butley:
is it possible to attach the base adaptor plate directly to a concrete pier without using an MX pier in between?

Typically you would use a pier in between unless you are very confident with your polar alignment.  The pier gives you 5° each direction for a fudge factor just in case something goes amiss with the pour and stud placement.

Tom

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 604

Marty

I mounted my adapter plate directly to a concrete pier and left a set of nuts on threaded rod above and below the plate to do the initial leveling of my MX+ mount.
I would suggest that you use longer bolts to attach the plate to the MX peir and allow nuts above and below; you can use half height nut (locking nuts w/o plastic inserts) instead of the standard nuts to save vertical space.

The mount should have leveling screws that can be used for the final level adjustment.

Hope this helps

John R

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,676
Software Bisque Employee

Marty Butley:
Must the concrete be perfectly level,
No, but, as suggested, screeding (or leveling) wet concrete is not difficult.

Marty Butley:
or is there a way to level the mount or pier after installation?
No directly using the Paramount MYT's base plate or the adapter plate.

Remember, perfectly horizontal is not "required".  Close to horizontal is "good enough" for TPoint.

Marty Butley:
Also, is it possible to attach the base adaptor plate directly to a concrete pier without using an MX pier in between?
One method is to sink J-Bolts (bolted to a plywood template that matches the adapter plate's mounting holes) into the wet concrete.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Not Ranked
Posts 11

Very Helpful, Thanks!  It is exactly my concern about things changing with the seasons that I thought the ability to level the pier after the concrete had set might be important.  Sounds like it is not too much of a problem, however.

Not Ranked
Posts 11

A veryh good point.  Think I will invest in a pier.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+