Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

Ceres

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Steve Ringwood Posted: 02-07-2018 11:49 AM

Hi 

I was under the impression that Ceres had been designated a Dwarf Planet.  However, my latest version of SkyX (Serious), 10.5,  only lists Pluto in this section of the advanced 'find' panel.  

In order to add Ceres to the software's database, I have to download it from the Minor Planets Centre as an asteroid.   Otherwise, according to TheSkyX, it does not exist.

Do you plan updating the Dwarf Planets list, in the near future?

Regards

Steve

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,877
Software Bisque Employee

Steve Ringwood:
I was under the impression that Ceres had been designated a Dwarf Planet. 
Correct.

Steve Ringwood:
In order to add Ceres to the software's database, I have to download it from the Minor Planets Centre as an asteroid.   Otherwise, according to TheSkyX, it does not exist.
As a dwarf planet, this is accurate.

The Minor Planet Center lists this body's orbital data via the web; the current method ensures you get the latest, most accurate position, even if when it is not designated as a dwarf planet in TheSkyX.

Consider this a wish list item.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+