Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

GOTO scope - TheSky compatibility

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 1
MOwen Posted: 02-19-2018 4:37 PM

I have an Orion XX14g GOTO with the SkyScan control system and need to know if it will work with TheSky Serious level software?  I checked the 'supported' list but did not see a specific reference to SkyScan.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,343
Software Bisque Employee

TheSkyX Serious Astronomer Edition and Professional Edition both support interfacing with the SynScan and SkyScan controllers (which are different names for the same device).

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Not Ranked
Posts 5

I am looking to purchase the Skyx pro product for an iMAC with ethernet, thunderbolt and usb3 ports but following much confusion and non working alternative arrangements:

1.  Can you please definitively confirm that Skyx will reliably connect to an EQ6 Pro mount with the old type synscan controller that is not not flash updateable ( model 2 I believe) and does the connection use a cable, what type and from where to where ( does it plug into the mount or into the synscan hand controller) ?

2. Does your dome control option connect to a Pulsar dome with ASCOM compliant driver?

3. Does your Focusser option connect to a Baader Steel Drive focusser.

Thanks Apologies if you have answered these before.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+