Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

ZWO ASI174mini support

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Ben Rosen Posted: 03-01-2018 12:11 PM

Hello.  I have gotten a ZWO ASI174mini and will be using it as my guide camera and was wondering if there is native support for this camera as I cannot select ZWO from the list of guide cameras.   I have selected the ASCOM driver but want to know if there is a specific driver for the ASI174.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,139
Software Bisque Employee

Ben Rosen:
…I cannot select ZWO from the list of guide cameras.

Why not? Do you not see the ZWO, ASICamera option in the Choose Camera window? What is the exact version and build of TheSkyX you're using?

Also, be sure that you've installed the latest driver from ZWO.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,549
Software Bisque Employee

Brian Rickard:
Also, be sure that you've installed the latest driver from ZWO.
See this post for details how.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,139
Software Bisque Employee

Sorry, I had to step away before I had time to explain how. Since that post is outdated, here's an updated procedure:

1. From ZWO's Software and Drivers page, select the tab corresponding to your OS (Windows, Mac, or Linux).
  2. Scroll down to the Capture and Processing Software (Windows) or Capture Software (Mac, Linux) heading.
  3. Click on "DSO imaging software" to see related options to its right.
  4. From the The Sky [sic] listing, choose the camera or filter wheel link, as appropriate.
  5. Download and then run the installer.
I just ran the camera installer and ended up with ZWO X2CameraDriver18.1.30. When working properly, the camera model (if connected to the computer) should be listed when you choose the Settings command from the Camera Setup drop-down list within TheSkyX.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+