Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

SkyX Professional Updates

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Jason Smith Posted: 03-08-2018 11:41 AM

Hello,

We are running SkyX Pro (on Windows 10) and I was attempting to update from the dropdown menu.  I get an "access denied" error - register account.  When I enter serial number it indicates that I am already registered.  Looking at your site, I found the following as a possible issue:

• Your serial number was registered under a different account (so the account under which you are signed in does not have permission to download the file).  You must sign into the account under which the serial number was registered to download installers and updates.  Ideally, you should not have multiple accounts with Software Bisque.  We can merge your accounts if necessary.

Is it possible I have created multiple accounts?  When we initially installed and registered (last year I think) SkyX was under one name but I set up this account (to log into your site and look at Forum, etc.) under my name.  In addition, the motherboard on our PC fried recently - we had to replace it and then reinstall everything.  

Thanks for your help,

Jason

Jason Smith

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,139
Software Bisque Employee

Jason Smith:
When I enter serial number it indicates that I am already registered.

Actually, the message makes no reference to who has registered the serial number.

Jason Smith:
When we initially installed and registered (last year I think)…

Who's "we"?

Jason Smith:
Is it possible I have created multiple accounts?

Yes, this is quite possible (and more common than we'd prefer). I tried to locate any other member accounts that might be yours, but I don't have sufficient information. The one other Jason Smith account I found was created and used one day only, back in 2012; this doesn't seem to fit your criterion.

If you include your serial number in reply to this (which we can remove before approving the forum post), we can then determine to which account it is registered.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Thank you for the quick response.
SkyX is licensed/registered under Mitchell Haeri (Observatory Director Saddleback College): {redacted}
In addition, we (Mitch and I) have the T-point and Camera add-ons installed (no problems there).
I have SkyX installed on our main PC and two others.
I tried running the update on one of the backup laptops (to make sure it was not an IT issue with the College) and got the same result.
Thank,
Jason
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,139
Software Bisque Employee

The serial number you supplied is registered to the mhaeri account. You seem to have already known that; perhaps what you don't realize is that you must be signed into this member account (or another with an unexpired subscription) on our web site in order to get download access to the latest installers. In the scenario you originally described, I would assume you were instead signed into your Jason Smith account.

Also, TheSkyX's Check for Updates tool can be used to open the page on our web site from which an update can be downloaded, but the download still requires that the browser be signed into an account with an unexpired subscription. TheSkyX doesn't automatically cause the browser to sign into the account associated with its serial number.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+