Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

Autodesk Inventor plan

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 14

Hello, I am planing building my observatory making plans using Autodesk Inventor software.  I wonder if you could share the Paramount MX design plan file I could use to incorporate in the design of my observatory.  I purchased my Paramount MX in 2013.

I also have a question about my Pier (please find attached a Jpeg file showing Inventor plan of the pear).   I wonder if the 14 X 14 X .75 inches top plates (on top of which the MX adaptor plate is) to large for easy Paramount maneuverability with the following equipment.  The telescopes mounted on the MX are Planewave CDK12.5 and on top of the CDK, a Takahashi FSQ 106 ED.  Camera and filter are: On CDK: Apogee Aspen CG16M with AI-FW50S  filterwheel On FSQ 160: BSIG STF 8300M with FW8-8300 filterwheel.

Thank you for your help and prompt reply.  

Hope to hear from you soon.

Martin Desrosiers 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 27,809
Software Bisque Employee

descyr:
I wonder if you could share the Paramount MX design plan file I could use to incorporate in the design of my observatory. 
The Paramount MX/MX+ SolidWorks eDrawing is here.

descyr:
wonder if the 14 X 14 X .75 inches top plates (on top of which the MX adaptor plate is) to large for easy Paramount maneuverability with the following equipment.
Here are some documents relevant to this topic:

Ideally, a GEM should be attached to the center of the pier, and the top of the pier should be the same size as the base of the mount.  The Paramount MX's base is 8.85 inches square.  When the pier top is 14 inches square, if the mount is attached centrally, there is 2.6 inches "extra" pier top around the edges.  Depending on the OTA, and your latitude, this can affect the slewing/tracking limits of the imaging system.  This is not the end of the world, but something to consider.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS

© 2019 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+