Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

Interested in a trial of the standalone TPoint software

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 1
bdunne Posted: 11-27-2018 8:59 PM

Hello,

I am working on an Az,El telescope application where we already have software to point at and track stars, and we are saving out all the RA,DEC, Az/El encoder positions, and all data that would be needed to fit a telescope pointing model. I am interested in trying out the TPoint modelling approach by plugging our gathered data into the software and then experimenting with the model it generates.

I think for this application I would want the standalone version of TPoint, even though it is now unsupported:

http://www.bisque.com/sc/media/p/27940.aspx

I would also be open to trying 'thesky' software with the latest TPoint modelling, as long as there is some way to use the TPoint part separately by feeding in our previously gathered star data.

Please let me know if it is possible for me to get a trial of the standalone TPoint software, or possibly a trial of the 'TheSky' with the TPoint add-on if you would recommend it for my application. 

Thanks,

Brian

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,926
Software Bisque Employee

Thanks for you interest in proTPOINT.  Two versions of TPOINT are available from Software Bisque.

• proTPoint 
    • Uses a traditional command-based user-interface, was until April 2017 licensed by its original author, P.T.Wallace, but is now available from Software Bisque.
    • Is the same tool used at major observatories (for all telescope mountings); it runs under MS-Windows, Linux or macOS. By special arrangement it can also be built for other Unix platforms. 
    • Supports all telescope mountings, including alt/az.
  • The TPoint Add On to TheSkyX Professional Edition (for macOS, Linux, Raspbian, or Windows) performs telescope pointing analysis on equatorial mounts but does not support al/az mountings. 

bdunne:
I think for this application I would want the standalone version of TPoint, even though it is now unsupported: http://www.bisque.com/sc/media/p/27940.aspx
The legacy and retired TPoint for Windows application has been superseded by the TPoint Add On.   

Software Bisque can provide a pro-forma invoice for proTPOINT if you wish.  What operating system do you run?

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Not Ranked
Posts 1

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the reply. Our telescope is an alt/az mount so sounds like we will be limited to proTPoint. We would want the Windows version.

I am interested in a quote for a license of proTPoint. I also called and was told you would need to know the telescope size for a quote, the telescope is roughly 6 meters tall when pointing upright, let me know if that is enough info on size.

I would like to know more details about the command-based interface before making a purchase. Is there a manual or documentation I could look at? At a minimum it would need to be able to accept intput columns of measured Az,El from encoders, and true/corrected Az,EL star positions,(or RA/DEC) and as output I would need some way to sample the best-fit pointing model to get corrections for any given Az,El. Let me know if there is any documentation on the features I could look through.

Thanks,

Brian

Not Ranked
Posts 1

Also, can we continue this conversation via email? My email address is {redacted by moderator}.

Thanks,

Brian

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,926
Software Bisque Employee

bdunne:
the telescope is roughly 6 meters tall when pointing upright, let me know if that is enough info on size.
The aperture of the telescope is one determining factor for the pro TPoint license.

Please see my private emails for additional information.

Thank you.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+