Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

SkyX installer

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 42
Dave Compton Posted: 04-11-2019 12:33 PM

my account now shows a serial number for the MyT hardware, and one for the dome add on. But when I try to download the skyX installer for windows it says I don’t have permission. Should there also show an active subscription for SkyX? 

Do I have to wait on the usb drive? 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,891
Software Bisque Employee

Dave Compton:
Should there also show an active subscription for SkyX?

Yes, one is needed in order to access its pertinent installers. A Paramount MYT comes with a Paramount MYT Software Suite serial number that is used for this purpose.

Dave Compton:
Do I have to wait on the usb drive? 

Does this mean you don't yet have the mount? When a mount is ordered through our web site, a temporary hardware number is automatically registered to your account, but this should be replaced later by the permanent number (normally by reporting it to us). On request, a temporary software serial number can also be issued, but isn't automatically.

See our knowledge base article on Paramount Serial Numbers and Software Activation. See this explanation of temporary Paramount hardware and software serial numbers.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 42

Yes, that’s right, the mount is on order and apparently 6 weeks out on lead time. I thought we could download the software ahead of it getting here to get familiar with it. I also have things like camera and dome that I can make sure work with it.

If it is possible can I get a serial number for it? 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,891
Software Bisque Employee

As described at the second link I gave in my previous response, you may ask our Front Desk staff to issue a temporary software serial number. But as TheSkyX Professional Edition for Windows was registered to your account today, you should be ready to go. You can use the included 90-day free trials of the TPoint Add On and Camera Add On. Since you already bought the Dome Add On, you could either use its free trial, or activate it with your actual Dome Add On serial number.

Please don't forget to register your permanent hardware and software serial numbers once you receive the mount. It would probably be a good idea to also let our Front Desk staff know when you've done so, so that they may deactivate the temporary serial numbers. And don't overlook the explanation in that same post about how to change the software serial number within TheSkyX to the permanent one (which will permanently activate the included add ons).

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

© 2019 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+