Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

Replacement of counterweight shaft threads/connection

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 3
jclark Posted: 06-01-2019 5:40 PM

Hello,

I am unable to fully screw in the counterweight shaft into the declination axis, as the threads of the hole in the mount only allow it to screw in about halfway (it appears as though the threads have been slightly stripped or bent into each other). I've tried using a toothbrush to clean the threads and also tried two counterweight shafts but the issue remains. 

Is it possible to order a replacement part of that specific component of the declination axis (apologies, I am unsure as to what its official name would be)? Thanks in advance for all the help!

Thanks,

John Clark

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,891
Software Bisque Employee

I'm bringing this to the attention of someone who can help with the ordering details, but in case it makes a difference, is yours an original Paramount MX, or the MX+?

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Not Ranked
Posts 3

Brian,

Thanks for the help! The mount is the MX+.

Thanks,

John

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,891
Software Bisque Employee

The piece of your Paramount MX+ in question that accepts the counterweight shaft is internally known as "MP 114". You have several options to get yours repaired/replaced.

1. Have a local machine shop with a 1-1/8''-12 UNF tap chase the threads to (hopefully) restore them. Cost?
  2. Contact our Front Desk staff to special-order a new MP 114 whose red anodizing color may differ slightly from the rest of your mount. Cost is $150*; lead time is 7-10 days.
  3. Request an RMA from our Front Desk staff, then send your existing MP 114 to us; we'll send it and an unanodized MP 114 to our anodizer so they can colour match your original. Cost is $260*; turn-around time is 7-10 days from receipt of your original part.

*Cost does not include shipping and handling, nor tax (if applicable).

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

© 2019 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+