Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

Purchasing TSX for a Raspberry Pi

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 322
Hilary Jones Posted: 06-18-2019 5:16 PM

I currently have a license to use TSX on my Windows machine, along with licenses for TPoint and the Camera Add on.  I now have a Raspberry Pi system and would like to run TSX and its add-ons with this computer.  What is my best strategy for doing this.?  I gather that I will have to buy the multi-OS and 6-license add-on for $149, even though I already have a license for TSX on Windows.  Once I do this, will I have to buy TPoint and Camera Add on again, or can I use my old licenses with the new installation?

Hilary

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 27,821
Software Bisque Employee

Hilary Jones:
What is my best strategy for doing this.?
Consider purchasing TheSkyX Pro Multi-OS and Six License Add On.  As described on the Description tab of the product's page, it gives download access to both TheSkyX for Linux (x86 and ARM builds).

Hilary Jones:
  I gather that I will have to buy the multi-OS and 6-license add-on for $149, even though I already have a license for TSX on Windows.
Correct, TheSkyX Pro for macOS, Linux, and Windows are sold separately. 

Hilary Jones:
Once I do this, will I have to buy TPoint and Camera Add on again, or can I use my old licenses with the new installation?
TheSkyX Pro for Linux (x86 and ARM) include the Camera Add On and TPoint Add On and need not be purchased separately.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 322

Hi Daniel,

We said:

Daniel R. Bisque:
Hilary Jones:
Once I do this, will I have to buy TPoint and Camera Add on again, or can I use my old licenses with the new installation?
TheSkyX Pro for Linux (x86 and ARM) include the Camera Add On and TPoint Add On and need not be purchased separately.

I installed the Multi-OS license, then tried TPoint,  TSX asked me to enter its serial number.  It would seem that in fact I will have to purchase T:Point after all.  Am I misunderstanding something here?

Hilary

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 27,821
Software Bisque Employee

Hilary Jones:
I installed the Multi-OS license, then tried TPoint,
On what operating system, specifically?

The subject of the post is: Purchasing TSX for a Raspberry Pi

• On Windows and macOS, TheSkyX Multi-OS and Six License Add On permits installation of TheSkyX for Windows on up to six computers and TheSkyX for Mac on up to six computers.  Optional Add Ons can be activated using the serial number that is registered when the Add On is purchased.
  • On Linux and Raspberry Pi, TheSkyX for Linux and TheSkyX for Raspberry Pi version include the Camera Add On and the TPoint Add On.   (Which was the answer to the question in the OP.)  The Camera Add On and the TPoint Add On do not need to be, and cannot be, purchased separately.

If you want to run the TPoint Add On on Windows, or Mac, you'll need to purchase the optional TPoint Add On.

I hope this makes sense.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Posting Etiquette

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 322

As should be obvious from the subject of my original post, I installed TSX on a Raspberry Pi system.  Specifically, Linux 4.9.80.  And while you claim that those add ons should work with it, in fact they don't.  I can make them work by using a license that I have already paid for, but the claim is that I shouldn't have to do this.  This is important because other people in our project are concerned about the cost of the add ons, and I am trying to put their mind at ease.

Hilary

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 27,821
Software Bisque Employee

Hilary Jones:
This is important because other people in our project are concerned about the cost of the add ons, and I am trying to put their mind at ease.

• TheSkyX Pro for Raspbian includes both Add Ons.
  • The current build does not automatically activate the Add Ons as it should (sorry about that bunny trail).
  • For now, as a temporary workaround, use your registered Add On serial numbers to activate them on the Pi.
  • If the group purchases TheSkyX Pro plus the Multi-OS and Six License Add On, SB will register these Add On serial numbers to the appropriate account.

Hope this makes sense.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Posting Etiquette

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS

© 2019 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+