Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

communication error

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 1

I am not able to connect to ME II using Mac OS. I get the attached error. Error = 201.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 27,821
Software Bisque Employee

caesar lockhart:
I am not able to connect to ME II

1. From TheSkyX, click Telescope > Telescope Setup > double-click Mount.
  2. On the Choose Mount window, highlight Paramount ME II (not Paramount ME) and click OK.
  3. Click Mount Setup > Settings, and choose the Paramount mount's port (named "usbmodemXXXX" where XXXX is the port's alpha-numeric identifier).
  4. Click Mount Setup > Connect to connect to the mount.

See the Paramount User Guide for details about using TheSkyX with the Paramount mount.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,907
Software Bisque Employee

By email 2019-06-25 00:49Z (How do I reply to a post on the Software Bisque Forum?):

caesar lockhart:

Thank you. Fortunately, after reviewing some of the previous post, I located the information needed to make connection. The past post were very helpful.

This approach does not seem to work for an older  ME.  What is the solution for connecting with the ME using Mac OS.

Thanks Again,

Caesar Lockhart

Just for clarity, you were originally asking for help connecting to a Paramount ME II, but are now asking about connecting to a Paramount ME.

Which control system is in the ME?

• Early (2001 to mid-2004) MEs shipped with the MKS 3000, which has a serial (RS-232) connection only.
  • Late (mid-2004 to 2012) MEs shipped with the MKS 4000, which has both a serial (RS-232) and a USB 2.0 connection.
  • Some MEs have been retrofitted with the MKS 5000, which has a USB 2.0 connection only.
The serial connections will require a serial-to-USB converter (unless your Mac is equipped with serial ports, which isn't likely). Using such a converter, or a mount's native USB connection, you'll then need to identify the corresponding port in macOS and configure TheSkyX to use that for the mount.

Obviously (I hope), in step 2 of Dan's instructions, you'd select Paramount ME.

If you're still experiencing problems connecting, please be more specific about what you've tried, and how it is failing (such as the wording of an error message).

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

© 2019 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+