Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

xp version of realsky

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Rich-innovative Posted: 07-05-2019 6:32 AM

Is there a XPversion of realsky? 

My email address is kb2sfz@aol.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,907
Software Bisque Employee

As far as I'm aware, the retired-and-no-longer-supported RealSkyView for Windows runs fine on Windows XP.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,907
Software Bisque Employee

By email 2019-07-11 10:30Z (How do I reply to a post on the Software Bisque Forum?):

Rich-innovative:

When I load the software and go to the main screen. I open the files and insert cd1 a list shows up if I select an item from the list. I get a message that it can't open the file type. I must be doing something wrong. 
Rick

You might take a look at our RealSkyView (Retired & Unsupported) forum for similar questions and (hopefully) solutions. I'm not sure if it is your issue, but I found these threads that discuss a problem with some versions of Windows being unable to recognize the 512-byte sectors used on the RealSky data discs:

Finally, as is mentioned in some of the above references, consider purchasing the Database Add On to TheSkyX Professional Edition, which includes—among other data—a copy of the 10X-compressed Digital Sky Survey data (compared to the RealSky's coarser 100X-compression of the same source).

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

© 2019 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+