Optional TPoint Add On to TheSkyX Professional Edition or TheSkyX Serious Astronomer Edition (Mac or Windows)
Optimize your mount's polar alignment, achieve better pointing accuracy, spend less time centering objects and more time observing with the TPoint Add On.
Important TPoint Add On Notes:
- The optional TPoint Add On to TheSkyX Professional Edition or Serious Astronomer Edition is telescope analysis and pointing correction software that identifies, quantifies and automatically compensates for systematic errors in "go to" telescopes. TPoint can also quantify the polar alignment of your equatorial mount, even when the celestial pole is not visible. You collect “pointing calibration data” by slewing the telescope to a set of stars, then recording the pointing error at each position (either manually or automated using TheSkyX Professional Edition and the optional Camera Add On). TPoint uses this data to create a pointing model that automatically corrects repeatable errors each time the telescope is slewed.
- The TPoint Add On can be used for a 90 day trial period from the date TheSkyX is installed.
- The TPoint Add On can be activated using the serial number that is automatically registered to your account when you purchase this product. Details on how to activate the TPoint Add On can be found in the TPoint Add On User Guide.
- Once TheSkyX Professional Edition or Serious Astronomer Edition is installed, there is no need to download or install the Add On separately. All TheSkyX Add Ons must be activated from within TheSkyX using the serial number that is automatically registered to your account when you purchase the Add On from the Software Bisque Store.
Important Distinctions Between the TPoint Add On and TheSkyX:
- TheSkyX Professional Edition includes a 90-day free trial for all software Add Ons (including the Camera Add On, Dome Add On, and TPoint Add On). TheSkyX Serious Astronomer Edition includes a 90-day free trial for the TPoint Add On.
- TheSkyX Professional Edition and Serious Astronomer Edition can control the operation of your "go to" telescope and show the position of the telescope on a simulated Sky Chart.
- The optional TPoint Add On provides telescope pointing analysis to improve telescope pointing accuracy, however, the TPoint Add On is not required to control telescopes.
- When the telescope is commanded to slew to an object from TheSkyX, once the telescope is calibrated, the TPoint Add On works "behind the scenes" to improve the telescope's pointing accuracy.
Learn more >
My Serial Number | TheSkyX Pro Add Ons | TPoint Add On User Guide | Upgrades