TPoint Add On to TheSkyX (Mac or Windows)
Important Add On Note: This Add On is integrated into TheSkyX Professional Edition. Once TheSkyX Professional Edition is installed, there is no need to download or install the Add On separately. All TheSkyX Add Ons must be activated from within TheSkyX using the serial number that is automatically registered to your account when you purchased the Add On from the Software Bisque Store. Learn more >
Achieve better pointing accuracy, spend less time centering objects and more time observing with the TPoint Add On.
The optional TPoint Add On to TheSkyX Professional Edition or Serious Astronomer Edition for Mac or Windows is telescope analysis and pointing correction software that identifies, quantifies and automatically compensates for systematic errors in "go to" telescopes. It can also quantify the polar alignment of your equatorial mount, even when the celestial pole is not visible. You collect “pointing data” (either manually or automated) by slewing the telescope to a set of stars using TheSkyX and then recording the pointing error at each position (a single button click). TPoint uses this data to create a statistical model that automatically corrects repeatable errors each time the telescope is slewed.
Important Distinctions Between the TPoint Add On and TheSkyX:
- TheSkyX can control your go to telescope.
- The TPoint Add On to TheSkyX is optional telescope pointing analysis software, not telescope control software.
- When the telescope is commanded to slew to an object from TheSkyX, the TPoint Add On works "behind the scenes" to improve the telescope's pointing accuracy.
Important Distinctions Between the TPoint Add On to TheSkyX and TPoint for Windows:
- The TPoint Add On to TheSkyX is compatible with TheSkyX Serious Astronomer Edition and TheSkyX Professional Edition only.
- The TPoint Add On to TheSkyX is not compatible with TheSky6 Professional Edition. TPoint for Windows is compatible with TheSky6 Professional Edition.
- If you own TheSky6 Professional Edition or TheSky6 Serious Astronomer Edition and want telescope pointing analysis, purchase TPoint for Windows, not the TPoint Add On to TheSkyX.
- The TPoint Add On is activated in TheSkyX using the TPoint Add On serial number you receive when you purchase this product. No additional software or download is required.
Learn more >
Documentation | My Serial Number | TheSkyX Pro Add Ons | Upgrades