Advanced Satellite Tracking Module
Software Bisque Paramount Robotic Telescope Mounts and Bisque Telescope Control System-equipped mounts can track satellites with TheSky Professional’s standard satellite tracking capabilities.
The optional Advanced Satellite Tracking Module (ASTM) is available when mission-critical, and precision satellite, asteroid, LEO and NEO tracking is required, (typically for Space Domain Awareness applications). In short, the ASTM includes the technology and low-level software architectures that enables a Paramount to track optimally track objects that move a non-sidereal tracking rates.
The example videos below show several examples of the system in action.
The ASTM requires the following software components:
- TheSky Professional Edition
- TPoint Module
- Camera Module
- Advanced Satellite Tracking Module
- The Advanced Satellite Tracking Add On API (included with the ASTM) which gives an external program the ability to access all the features of TheSky’s track satellite window to help automate the process of tracking a satellite.
The Advanced Satellite Tracking Add On requires the following hardware that is not included with the ASTM):
- Paramount Taurus, Paramount ME II, Paramount ME, Paramount MX, Paramount MX+, or Paramount MYT Robotic Telescope system with the Bisque TCS (MKS 5000) dual axis servo control system.
(The optic and sensor are sold separately. Note that the Paramount Robotic Telescope System can accommodate a wide range of optical tube assemblies.)
Please contact Software Bisque for details about Software Bisque’s integrated satellite tracking systems.
Minimum System Requirements
The Satellite Tracking Imaging System has the following minimum system requirements:
- A Paramount Robotic Telescope Mount, including the following models with an MKS 5000 control system:
- Paramount Taurus Model 400
- Paramount Taurus Model 400 OAE
- Paramount Taurus Model 500
- Paramount Taurus Model 600
- Paramount ME II
- Paramount MX
- Paramount MX+
- Paramount MYT
- Paramount ME Robotic Telescope System
- Any telescope mount that employs the Bisque TCS with MKS 5000 electronics (that uses the Bisque TCS)
- TheSky Professional edition (included with all Paramount Robotic Telescope Systems and Bisque TCS systems)
- The TPoint module (included with all Paramount Robotic Telescope Systems and Bisque TCS systems)
- Advanced Satellite Tracking Module. The Advanced Satellite Tracking Module can track satellites based on two-line element data (TLE), or with an ephemeris, or from a custom (configurable) satellite orbital propagator.
Here are a few videos of the Paramount tracking fast-moving objects.