In order to install and run the Software Bisque software, you must do the following:
- Download the software's full installer to your hard drive. The full installer copies all the files required to run the software to your computer's hard drive. If you purchased the "Box" version of the softweare, insert the DVD that is included in the box into your computer's DVD player.
- Run the installer by double-clicking on the installer file you downloaded, or running the installer on the DVD. The installer copies the files needed to run the application to your computer.
- Launch the software and enter your serial number.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
To download TheSkyX installer for the Edition you purchased, click the Downloads link on the Software Bisque web site. Under the Browse Downloads heading (top left of the page), click on the appropriate product to list the product-specific downloads (for example, the full installer, latest update, or daily build).
For example, if you purchased TheSkyX Serious Astronomer Edition for Mac, click the TheSkyX Family Installers and Updaters link then click the TheSkyX Serious for Mac link to shows the installers and updaters that apply to this software. Click on the file's icon to view its details, then click the Download link on the right side of the page to begin the download process.
Notes: Typically there is a Full Installer and a Latest Update installer and first time you will download both. Install the Full Installer, then install the Latest Update. (As new versions are posted, you will periodically need to download and install the latest update installer).
Important Optional Software Add On Notes:
Where Is My Serial Number?
You can access your registered serial number as well as review the status of your products' subscriptions directly from the Subscriptions page on your Software Bisque account.
Serial Number Location For Products Purchased Directly from the Software Bisque Store
To view your Subscriptions page, click here. Or,
- Sign in to the Software Bisque web page.
- Click the Sign In Name link on the upper right side of the Software Bisque web page.
- Click the Subscriptions link on the left side of your account profile page.
Serial numbers for products purchased directly from the Software Bisque Store are located in your Software Bisque account profile. Click on your sign in name in the upper right corner of the web site to view it. (If you are not signed in, click here for sign in instructions.) From your account page, in the left side bar, click on the Subscriptions link. This page lists the products you have purchased, the product serial numbers and the status of your software subscription.
Serial Number Location For Products Not Purchased Directly from the Software Bisque Store
The serial numbers for Software Bisque products purchased from an authorized reseller are located on the media cover that holds the CD-ROM or DVD-ROM.
To register your serial number (and activate your subscription for subscription-based products) visit the Software Bisque Product Registration page. You will not be able to access product downloads until your serial number has been successfully registered.
Why Am I Getting Access Denied when Attempting to Download Software?
Follow the flow chart below, then click on the appropriate answer to proceed:
Details about why access is denied
- Your serial number has not been registered. See "How Do I Register My Serial Number?" below for details. Once your serial number is registered, you will be granted immediate access to the full installer and latest update for that product. In other words, access to downloads on the Software Bisque web site is allowed only if you've purchased a software license and registered your serial number. (When you purchase software directly from the Software Bisque Store, your software license is automatically registered.)
- Your serial number was registered under a different account (so the account under which you are signed in does not have permission to download the file). You must sign into the account under which the serial number was registered to download installers and updates. Ideally, you should not have multiple accounts with Software Bisque. We can merge your accounts if necessary.
- Your software subscription has expired. Please renew your software subscription so that you can access the latest installers and updates. Click here for details.
How Do I View My Orders, Invoices and Subscriptions?
Your Software Bisque Orders and Subscriptions can be found on your Software Bisque Account Profile, which is accessed by clicking on your sign in name that is displayed in the upper right corner of this page. From your Account Profile, on the left side of the page, click on the Orders link.
How Do I Register My Serial Number?
Registering your serial numbers at https://www.bisque.com/register is easy. Enter your serial number and click the Register button. Once registered, your account is immediately granted access to the installers and updates. See Software Downloads for details.
If your product's serial number is registered, attempting to register the same serial number again will fail with the message stating, "This serial number has already been registered."
- When you purchase software from the Software Bisque Store, the serial number is automatically registered to your account and need not be registered again.
- If you have multiple Software Bisque accounts and attempt to register a "already registered" serial number to a different account, the registration page will report that the serial number is already registered. In this case, you must sign into the account under which the software was originally purchased to access software installers and updates.