The Paramount Apollo carrying a 0.7 m RDK OTA (sold separately)
Meet the Paramount Apollo Three-Axis Gimbal
The Paramount Apollo™ robotic telescope system employs state-of-the-art technology to achieve superior performance. It combines advanced observatory-control software, TPoint’s Total Pointing Integrity™ kernel, an industrial-grade three-axis direct drive motion controller, precision CNC machined components, precision bearings, high-resolution, on-axis absolute encoders, and high-torque direct-drive motors produces efficiency, stability and long-term reliability.
Apollo™ employs the same three-axis TPoint ™ telescope pointing kernel that controls many of the world’s largest telescopes and thousands of amateur telescope mounts.
The Paramount Software Suite ™ (included) delivers sky charting, planning, a broad range of hardware control, custom scripting and much more. All on the operating system of your choice (Windows™, macOS™, and Linux™).
Apollo’s alt-az fork-design operates within a relatively compact space to reduce the overall building size and system cost.
- 180 kg (400 lb.) instrument capacity. The extremely stable alt-az mount design ensures stability, no matter what your project requires.
- Virtually silent operation with ultra-fast slews (up to 60 degrees/second in all three axis).
- Includes the Paramount Software Suite; TPoint™ and the TCSpk™ provide Total Pointing Integrity™.
- Compact, high-torque direct-drive motors in all three axes.
- High-resolution on-axis absolute encoders used in all three axes.
- Powerful three-axis industrial-grade direct drive motor controller is thoughtfully integrated into the base of the mount.
- The precision direct-drive instrument rotator has a 8.9 cm (3.5-inches) of clear aperture and uses high-capacity bearings to carry the heaviest instrument payloads. With rotation rates up to 60 degrees/second, there is never a need to wait for the rotator to finish after a mount slew.
Paramount Apollo Specifications
Read the Paramount Apollo Specifications (PDF) document for details about this exciting new Paramount model.
Get in Touch!
Please contact Software Bisque so that our engineers can design a system that meets your project’s specifications.