- When you purchase TheSky Imaging Edition, the Camera module is included and automatically activated, so there’s no need to purchase this module separately!
- When you purchase TheSky Professional Edition, purchasing the Camera Module provides the following features:
Standard Camera Module Features
|Control any two supported cameras simultaneously; one for imaging and one for autoguiding.|
|Autoguide and acquire FITS photos.|
|Perform automated focus (using @Focus2 or @Focus3).|
|Graph autoguiding metrics, including a 3D graph of the guide star, HFD, guider errors and more.|
|Acquire an unlimited number of series of photos, each with different exposure times, filter wheel settings, calibration and more to automate LRGB or any other filter sequence.|
|Automatically save photos (with highly flexible and configurable names and folders).|
|Built-in dithering using the Take Series command.|
|Create and apply master calibration frames.|
|Reduce photos (apply dark frame, bias and flat frames) using multiple CPUs when available.|
|Allows TheSkyX to provide, native, standalone, automated pointing calibration runs (the optional TPoint Add On required) for telescope modeling and accurate polar alignment.|
|Allows TheSkyX to automatically determine your image scale with a single button click.|
|Scripted device control and image acquisition (using Java Script on macOS, Linux, and Windows or via COM automation on Windows).|
|The telescope’s position (RA/Dec coordinates) are automatically added to the FITS header|
|Adjust photos’ white and black points using a graphical histogram control.|
|Natively control many commercial cameras, focusers, filter wheels, and rotators, on macOS, Linux and Windows.|
|Control all ASCOM-compliant hardware (Windows only).|
|Perform astrometric solutions using Image Link.|
Important Camera Module Notes:
- TheSkyX Professional Edition includes a 90-day free trial for all software modules (including the Camera, Dome, and TPoint modules).
- The optional Camera Module is not included with TheSkyX Professional Edition and must be purchased separately.
- You must activate Camera Module from TheSkyX Pro as described here.