If you want to install the MKS 6000 Upgrade Kit yourself, choose the Do It Yourself option and we’ll ship you the upgrade kit. Watch the MKS 6000 Upgrade Kit video (coming soon) for step-by-step instructions how to remove the earlier control system and install the new components.
Or, let Software Bisque perform the upgrade for you. Ship your mount back to the factory, and we will install the MKS 6000 upgrade with the Silver . With the Gold option, we’ll examine the critical components for wear and tear, as well as clean and re-lubricate the mount. With the Platinum option, we’ll restore the mount to as close to factory new as possible.
- Do It Yourself (DIY) $0
- Software Bisque ships the MKS 6000 Upgrade Kit to you so that you can perform the installation.
For the factory installations, you box up your mount, ship it back to Software Bisque, and we perform the upgrade for you. The Factory Installation options are described below.
- Silver ($1000)
- Install the MKS 6000 Upgrade Kit.1
- Thoroughly clean all external mount surfaces.
- Exercise the mount on the bench to ensure the mount operates normally.
- Perform a 10-point quality control check.
- Box the mount for shipping and return it to the customer.
- Gold ($1500)
- Includes everything listed in the Silver.
- Inspect the hour angle and declination worm blocks and gears for wear or damage, and notify customer of out of specification components.2 With customer approval, replace items as needed.
- Clean and re-grease hour angle and declination axis gears and worms.
- Platinum ($2500)
- Includes everything listed in the Silver and Gold.
- Completely disassemble mount, wash all parts, and mount.
- Inspect moving components under magnification for visual or mechanical damage.
- Install new hour angle and declination axes gears and shaft bearings
- Install new bearings, timing belts, and worm gears on the hour angle and declination axis worm blocks.
- Restore the mount as close to “new” as best as possible (including new stickers, new Delrin and plastic covers).
1Includes a two-year limited warranty on all components.
2Components that are determined to be “out of specification” will be offered for replacement with new parts for an additional part replacement fee.