The Helium Tripod is available with red or all black anodized aluminum. The Helium’s top plate (or mounting plate) is available for either the Paramount MYT or Paramount MX/MX+ mount.
The Helium Tripod has many innovative features:
- Carries all your equipment with a payload capacity of 90 kg (200 lb.) when the legs are fully
extended, or up to 113 kg (250 lb.) maximum carrying capacity when placed at the lowest
- Allows eyepiece placement at a convenient height with a dynamic height range for 60 cm (24
in.) to 102 cm (40 in.).
- The ultra-portable and lightweight design tips the scales at just 6.4 kg (14 lb.).
- Simple and intelligent mechanics permit the legs to be expanded or collapsed in seconds.
- Flexible 360-degree azimuth adjustment for worry free setups and azimuth alignment.
- Large range of coarse level adjusters can applicable to flat or sloping surfaces.
- Fine adjusters to achieve optimal level.
- Intelligent mechanical design produces exceptional stability at all heights.
- Swiveling feet can be fit with spikes that optimize coupling to the ground. Compatible with
other commercially available tripod feet.
- Two built-in bubble levels for coarse leveling (with 10 arc minutes per one-tenth inch accuracy)
The result is an exceptionally stable, portable imaging platform that can be quickly setup, leveled and aligned with the celestial pole.
- Red: Tripod legs are red anodized with black anodized accents (top plate, feet, etc.).
- Black: All aluminum components are anodized black.
Top Plate mount model: