- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2:00 pm on 2005-08-23 by admin.
August 23, 2005 at 2:00 pm #88112
Software Bisque Knowledge Base Article – 184
CAN’T USE CCDSOFT INSTEAD OF REALSKYVIEW FOR DSS
The user wants to retrieve DSS images with CCDSoft, rather than the previously-installed RealSkyView.
TheSky, if present, continues to look for RealSkyView when retrieving DSS images.
It is strongly suggested that owners of CCDSoft discontinue use of RealSkyView, which is merely a sub-set of the former.
The following steps must be taken to change the DSS viewer from RealSkyView to CCDSoft.
1. Close any running applications.
2. If you haven’t already, install CCDSoft on your system.
3. Using “My Computer” or Windows Explorer, move RealSkyView’s Headers folder (e.g. C:/Program Files/Software Bisque/RealSky/Headers) into CCDSoft’s folder (e.g. under C:/Program Files/Software Bisque/CCDSoft). An alternative to moving this folder is to copy it from the RealSkyView (“V”) CD-ROM to the CCDSoft folder (e.g. C:/Program Files/Software Bisque/CCDSoft). If you have a “V” CD-ROM from both the North and South editions of RealSky, use the South edition’s CD-ROM (“1997” appears in the Copyright notice on the disc).
4. Uninstall RealSkyView (click Start / Settings / Control Panel / Add/Remove Programs, select RealSkyView from the list of installed programs, then press the Add/Remove button).
5. Using “My Computer” or Windows Explorer, delete RealSkyView’s folder (e.g. C:/Program Files/Software Bisque/RealSky), and subfolders.
6. Acquire and run our RSVClean.exe application, or see “EDITING THE REGISTRY” below.
7. Run CCDSoft, and set the DSS, Setup, Headers Path to match the folder from step 3, above (e.g. C:/Program Files/Software Bisque/CCDSoft/Headers). CCDSoft is now set up to display DSS images.
8. (TheSky owners only)
Run TheSky (v4.00.102 or later). On the Tools menu, click Image Link, Create DSS Image (or equivalent toolbar button). TheSky will search for your DSS viewer, finding CCDSoft.
EDITING THE REGISTRY
NOTE: These steps are not required if you use our RSVClean.exe utility. We highly recommend that you acquire this utility from us. Great care should be taken when manually editing the Registry.
1. Open the Registry Editor (Start / Run, type REGEDIT, then select OK).
2. From the Edit menu, click the Find command.
3. In the Find What edit control, enter “RealSkyView” (without the quotes).
4. Click Find Next.
5. Delete the first RealSkyView entry that is located.
6. Press F3 to find the next RealSkyView entry.
7. Delete the entry found in step 6.
8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 until the entire Registration Database is searched.
9. Close the Registry Editor. Your changes will automatically be saved.
This article was formerly published under the identifier Q379KB in Software Bisque’s prior knowledge base.
Last Reviewed: 11/24/2004
The forum ‘Knowledge Base Articles’ is closed to new topics and replies.