- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2:00 pm on 2005-08-23 by admin.
August 23, 2005 at 2:00 pm #88150
Software Bisque Knowledge Base Article – 222
VIEW TARGET IN REALSKYVIEW: PAGE FAULT IN DSS_DLL
When attempting to retrieve an image within RealSkyView (from Target List or by entering a new target), error message displayed:
“RealSky caused an invalid page fault in module DSS_DLL at 014:00529aae”
An incompatible version of DSS_DLL.DLL is being used. This can be caused by one of the following:
>RealSkyView (or TheSky v4.00) had been installed under Windows 3.1x, then the system upgraded to Windows 95/NT (or later).
>Attempting to use an older version (>Using incompatible versions of RealSkyView and CCDSoft on the same system. (We recommend removing RealSkyView and using CCDSoft instead.)
To eliminate the problem, do the following:
1. If currently running, close RealSkyView.
2. Search for all occurrences of DSS_DLL.DLL on the system. Right-click on the Start button, then choose Find. Look In the C: drive for files Named DSS_DLL.DLL, and Include Subfolders. Choose Find Now.
3. This file should exist in the C:/Program Files/Common Files/System folder, and be dated 1997 Aug 25 (or later). All other occurrences of this file (e.g. in the C:/Windows/System folder) should be deleted. A file can be deleted within the Find dialog by clicking on its name, then pressing the Delete key.
4. If there is no copy of DSS_DLL.DLL on your system dated 1997 Aug 25 or later, then this file should be copied from the RealSkyCD’s “V” disc (../RSVFiles/DLLs). If preferred (unless using CCDSoft), RealSkyView may be removed (Start / Settings / Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs) and re-installed, which should now copy the correct file. In either case, if you have more than one “V” disc, be sure to use the one with the copyright year “1997” (or later) printed on its face.
After correctly following the above procedures, RealSkyView/CCDSoft should prompt for the appropriate CD-ROM when a target image is requested.
This article was formerly published under the identifier Q446KB in Software Bisque’s prior knowledge base.
Last Reviewed: 11/24/2004
The forum ‘Knowledge Base Articles’ is closed to new topics and replies.